Insanity

   Insanity is a workout  program created by Shaun T and Beach-Body. To learn more about it you can go to this link here - www.beachbody.com .
                                                                           

No I'm not trying to sell it to you or anything, I'm just going to tell you about my experience with the program and what I thought about it.
I am completing my 60 days of Insanity today and I thought I would write about it in a blog post for those who are thinking about starting it, or just curious.
 Now, before I start I want to say that this is just my personal experience, yours might and will probably be at least a little different.

Here is what the package or box looked like:



Why I Started INSANITY
My Dad had ordered Insanity for himself way before I had any thoughts about healthy living and exercise. But, after I did begin to think about becoming healthier, I remembered that box of Insanity DVDs and I decided to try it. I wanted to lose a little weight but I wasn't exactly sure how. I wanted to workout but again, I didn't really now how or what to do. Insanity provided that for me, and that's mainly why I started. ( Also the promise of results in 60 days was very inviting)


My First Thoughts
 At first I liked it, it wasn't too hard but it pushed me, and it didn't take a whole lot of time. Every day in the first month there was a workout usually about 30 to 40 minutes long with 1 rest day. I began to see and feel differences. I had more energy, I went to sleep and slept much better and I did lose a little weight. Also I began to see a little muscle definition in my arms and legs.


How the First Month Went
 It was a smooth first month, I hardly got off track and I was loving it. At this point I was happy with the program, and in a way I still am, but as time went on my thoughts and feelings changed a little bit.  Most of the first month workouts weren't super hard to me, and maybe that's because I had been working out before hand and I didn't jump in completely new to exercise, but it was to a point where I was enjoying the every day workouts.

How the 'Recovery Week' Went
Between the first month and the second month there is a week called the Recovery Week where you do the same workout every day for a week. This workout  is a bit different and you don't have a lot of super fast movement. I found that it was a lot of just deep muscle work instead of cardio. This week was a wonderful and much needed break for my body to, well, recover! I loved this week and found the workout enjoyable!

The Second Month
 By this time I was honestly a little tired of having to stick to the Insanity schedule. I wanted to get into running and yoga but I felt tied to the program and I didn't want to 'skip' a day or get behind in the program. The workouts defiantly picked up the intensity a lot! They were harder and longer and I felt myself being pushed a lot more than in the first month. At this point I have lost about 8 pounds total and at least gain a little muscle weight. I was happy with the results, but I had hoped and expected a bit more.  I also began to fall a little behind in the program as we began to travel a bit more and also getting school going full swing. I had hard time making time for an hour long workout session in a busy school-filled day.

The 'Fit Test'
The 'Fit Test' is designed to measure your progress over the 60 time period. At first I kept track on the sheet the package provides, but I ended up not completing the tracking progress because I didn't find it overly helpful.

The Meal Plan
Insanity provides a meal plan along with the workout program. I didn't really use their program because my family and I were already changing our diet and I felt a little over whelmed with the 'Meal Plan' in general.

My Over All Thoughts
This program works, it does, and I do recommend trying it to any one wanting to build up the intensity of their workouts, or you are looking for a balanced schedule. The pros and cons for me are as follows.
Pro: I loved that I didn't have to wonder what workout to do that day, or when to take a rest.
Con: I felt tied to the program and I felt like I couldn't try something new in fear of falling behind.
Pro: I did lose weight and gain muscle, which is what I wanted.
Con: I didn't see as much of a change as I had hoped or even was lead to believe by the program.

Like I said before, I am finished my last day in the 60 day program of Insanity, and I do have mixed feelings about it. I liked it for is schedule at first but then in the end that's what made not like it so much. Will I do Insanity again in the near future? Most likely not, at least not the whole thing anyway. We still have the DVDs so I might do a few of them individually but I won't go through the whole program anytime soon.
I encourage you took look into this program a bit before deciding whether or not to try it. Don't just take my word for it because I am just one person and one opinion, after all.
Please let me know what you think of my over-view, and if you have done Insanity before, let me know what you personally thought about it.

I hope you liked this post and it maybe even helped you a bit!
Keep it Healthy and Safe,
H. Banana


No comments