Gingerbread Latte!

This healthy drink came from a pin I found on Pinterest. For the link to the recipe's website see the Recipes page.

First things first, the ingredients.

 1/4 tsp cinnamon
 1/8 tsp ground ginger
 2 tsp molasses (blackstrap or regular) I used sorghum.
 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
 3 tbsp strong coffee
 1 cup milk of choice (almond milk, soymilk, etc.)
 sweetener to taste (sugar, stevia, etc.)

Gather the ingredients:
Then, make the coffee. I used a K-cup on a small cup setting.

In a microwaveable container, combine the ginger and cinnamon.
Then the vanilla
 
Then add the sweetener. I am using one packet of Truvia.
 
 


Next the Coffee. I used a little more than the recipe called for just because I wanted more of the coffee taste.


Then add the molasses or in my case the sorghum.

Then you will add the milk. You can warm it up before you add it to make the finished drink a little frothy, but I just added it cold (btw I used unsweetened Almond Milk)
Whoops! Spilled a little!

 Now, stir it together until its combined. The molasses probably won't mix in completely, but don't worry.
 
To get the molasses or sorghum to melt into the mixture, put it in the microwave for about 2 minutes or until molasses or sorghum is melted.
 
Now, pour into a serving cup and top with either whipped cream or frothed milk and cinnamon.

This drink was so good! I think it rivals the Starbucks Gingerbread latte and its healthier! My little sister rated it a 10 out of 10 and my Mom( Arthur of Tea in the Morning Too ) Rated it an 8 because she wasn't thrilled with the topping (I used a little bit of melted Cool- Whip)
If you make this drink, let me know how it went in the comments and if you did anything differently! Make sure to check back for more recipes!

Stay Healthy and Safe,

H.Banana
 






3 comments

  1. Hannah - I saw this recipe on Pinterest and thought about trying it. Now, I'm totally going to since it has your stamp of approval. I'm with your Mom though.... think I'll leave off the Cool Whip and put real whipping cream on it! :-) - Dori -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dori -
      I have been seeing it too and been wanting to try it! I'm so glad I did too! Yeah, I agree about the Cool-Whip not being the best topping, but I really want to try frothed milk sometime!
      H.

      Delete
  2. I got to try one that Hannah made, delicious!

    ReplyDelete