Apple Chompers!

In my last post I said that Apple Chompers were a great and healthy Halloween Treat! I thought I would do a more step by step with pictures to show you more of how they look!


Ingredients:
Red Apple - One small apple made 7 'chompers' for us.

Peanut Butter or Almond butter (Make sure that its chilled and not runny!)

Marshmallows, Nuts or anything you want to make the 'teeth'
   We used a mixture of marshmallows, sliced almonds and cashews. Of all the things we used, I would have to say that the marshmallows worked best.

Wash and dry your apple and place it on a cutting board.
Slice the apples. Make sure the slices are more or less the same size.

 
   Now, take a spoonful of peanut or almond butter and spread some on one side of a slice.

 Place your teeth towards the skin part of the apple and press gently.

 Take another slice and spread peanut or almond butter on one side and place the 'sticky' side of the apple on top of the 'teeth' on the other slice.

We had to use tooth-picks to old them in place, at least until the peanut or almond butter set.


 
Here is one of the finished products! They are so cute and Halloween-ish too! I love how they are festive yet still on the healthy side!
My little sister, Bella, is very proud of the Apple Chompers. She was a great help in making them.

  Let me know what you think about these Halloween treats, and if you try them yourself, let me know! If you want the link to the website were I found this idea, you can see my last post about Halloween treats.

Keep it healthy and Safe!
H.Banana

 

No comments