Vegan Lemon Curd Cake


Spring is almost here and to celebrate I've created this delicious lemon curd cake! It is full of fresh springy flavors that really get me in the mood for warmer weather! 

I cannot wait for spring and warm weather, but to tide me over until then I have this delicious lemon curd cake! Its sweet, sour and super bright in  color as well as flavor! Perfect for spring parties, snacks and desserts!



Ingredients:

2 cups All Purpose Flour

1 1/3 cup Sugar

2 tsp Baking Soda

1/2 tsp Salt 

1/2 cup Lemon Juice 

3/4 cup Almond Milk

1 tsp Vanilla 

1/2 cup Vegetable Oil 

1 tsp Ground Turmeric 

1 tbs White Vinegar 

For Curd:

1/2 cup Lemon Juice

1/2 cup Sugar 

1/2 cup Powdered Sugar 

1/3 cup Cornstarch 

pinch of Salt 

pinch of turmeric 

3 tbs Coconut Oil or Vegan Butter 

2 tbs Coconut Milk 


1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Mix together dry ingredients for cake with a whisk.
3. Add in the wet ingredients and fold to combine.
4. Pour batter into a greased or line cake pan and bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. 
5. For Curd: add lemon juice, sugars, cornstarch, turmeric and salt into a pan and heat until it starts to thicken. 3-5 minutes.
6. Remove pan from stove and add in coconut oil and coconut milk. Stir to combine and then leave to cool. 
7. When cake is cooled, use a chopstick to poke holes in the cake.
8. Pour and spread curd over the top of the cake.
9. (Optional) mix together powdered sugar and coconut milk for a sweet glaze over the top. 


I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did! Its perfect for getting in the mood for spring! I can't wait to enjoy it outside on a warm spring day with some lemonade or green tea!

I've been a bit inconsistent with my postings and I'm sorry! School is keeping me really busy at the moment!

Please share this recipe and my blog with your family and friends! Spread the love of delicious food and living a healthy lifestyle!

You can follow the blog/me via Google, social medias and email!

Instagram- That_Vegan_Runner

Twitter- SpinachisGood

tumblr- justrunningforfood

Pinterest- Hannah Plunkett/ SpinachisGood


Please like, share and explore my blog for healthy lifestyle inspo and delicious recipes!

I post when I can! Stay tuned for the next post!

Cheers,

Hannah

1 comment