Ginerbread Cookies!

I love Gingerbread cookies and I have been on the look out for a healthy recipe for a while! I found one on Pinterest and I added and tweaked it to make it my own! for the original recipe go here- food52.com


The ingredients:
2 2/3cups all-purpose flour (plus extra for rolling)

1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

  • 1/2teaspoon baking powder

  • 1teaspoon cinnamon
     
    1 teaspoon ground ginger
     
    1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
     
    1/2 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
     
    1/2 teaspoon salt
     
    1/2 cup Sorghum or Molasses
     
    1/2 cup melted coconut oil
     
    1/2 cup Honey
     
    1/4 cup almond milk, soy milk, or rice milk (I used Almond)
     
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
     


     
    Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix together
    Then add wet ingredients and mix together. I used an electric mixer for this step.
    Flour the surface where you are going to roll out the dough and place the dough on it. Sprinkle with a little more flour and then roll out.
    Cut your desired cookie shape out. I used a biscuit cutter to do mine, but any shape will be lovely! Just remember to keep them all around the same size and thickness!
    Yum! They look so good already!
    Place them onto a pan. I used a stone pan so I didn't need to butter or grease it, but if you aren't using a stone pan you need to butter or grease it.
    Bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for around 8 minutes. If your cookies are smaller or thinner they may not need all 8 minutes to get done.
    They smell soooo good!
    I also made half-moon shapes!

    Let them cool on a cooling-rack. While you do that, you can make some yummy icing for them!
    Here is the recipe I used!

    Half a block of cream cheese
    Tablespoon  Honey
    Sprinkling of  ground Nutmeg, Cinnamon and Ginger
    A small splash of Almond milk.

    Whip this up until its creamy and delicious!
    Put the icing in a zip-lock bag and push it to one corner. Snip a tiny end off the same corner and decorate your cookies! I did smiley faces, swirls, dots, letters and more! Let me know how you like to decorate your cookies!
    I am not an artist, but I tried my best to make these look cute!
    I love to half-moon ones!

    My family and I love these cute, delicious and healthy cookies, and I hope you do too! If you try them, let me know how it went and what you thought!

    Keep it Healthy and Safe,
    H. Banana








     
     

    No comments