8k in November+ running tips

   As the weather here gets cooler and the leaves begin to change and fall to the ground most people's thoughts would be on cozy fireplaces or the famous P.S.L ( for those of us who don't know what that is and had to look it up, the pumpkin spice latte) maybe pumpkin pie, but not me! ( Well that's not totally true, I do think about those things a little bit!...) I am preparing to run a 8k the end of November with my family! It will be on the morning for Thanksgiving, and its called the Turkey-Trot.

Training for this consists mainly of running up and down our quarter mile long drive way, most of the time pushing a stroller!
Here are just a few tips I have found useful. I don't have links to the pins where they came from because a lot of them are just various here and there tips I found.
1. Make sure your hair is pulled back. Running with hair in your face is no fun!
2. Don't run on a full stomach. Stomach cramps are no fun either!
3. Get some music going! Running to music feels like you have your own theme song! (Be looking for a post about my favorite running songs soon!)
4. Run outside! Running outside is so different to running on a treadmill, and it never gets boring!
5. Breath! Keeping your shoulders back can help you take deeper breaths!
6. Don't be afraid to take a breather every little bit! No use getting hurt just to finish quicker. Stop and take a few breaths and then get right back out there. (Of course be mindful of your own health and never keep going if you have continuous pain.)
7. Don't forget to have fun! Grab some friends or get some crazy music to make your run (Or any workout) fun! If it isn't fun it will get boring and you won't want to do it any more!
Hope you find these tips helpful!
Keep it real, and BE SAFE!
H. Banana

4 comments

  1. Hey Hannah - the BEST tip is the music. My theme song is "All Shook Uo" by Elvis. - - - - because that is how I feel after I run, bike, or exercise!, Meme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Meme!
      Yes I love that song too, as well as a lot of other Elvis songs! Thanks for the comment!
      H. Banana

      Delete
  2. Hannah - I'm not a runner. Never have been! BUT, I love to speed walk and these tips will be great for me. I love to speed walk with Eldon or my daughter in law, Ciara. They walk FAST and really keep my heart pumping! - Dori -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dori -
      I haven't been a runner until recently. Before, speed walking was more my style too! I'm glad my tips helped you and thanks again for checking out my blog!
      H.

      Delete