Body Scrub

   Sometimes we all need to pamper ourselves, and what better way to do that than with a lovely Body Scrub! I love using a body scrub to make my skin soft, smooth and of course, smell good! There are countless recipes for different scrubs on Pinterest and I'm sure they all are wonderful, I just took a basic one and added and changed it up a bit. For the original recipe see my Recipe's page!
Alright, Lets get started!

Ingredients:
Salt( Make sure the grains aren't too big. If they are you can run them through a food processor or blender)
Sugar (This is optional. You can use all salt or do half-sugar half-salt)
Oil of choice (My favorites are Olive Oil, Almond Oil, Coconut Oil and Jojoba Oil)
Coco Butter (This is also semi-Optional. If you want more of a scrub then leave this out, but add the Butter to get a creamier more lotion feel along with the scrub.)
Essential Oil or any smell you like! (A few of my favorites are Lavender, Citrus, and Cinnamon.) You can also use Vanilla and a little of ground cinnamon or Pumpkin Pie spice to make a nice fall scrub. Just play with the flavors and have fun!
I don't have many pictures of the process, just the finally product, but here is the process.

I needed to blend my salt up in the food processor. I didn't use any sugar but if you are then add it along with the salt.
 After that I added my oils. I used a mix of the Coconut Oil, Almond Oil and Jojoba oil. You just need enough to give the scrub the right texture. Play with it until you are satisfied, and remember you can always add more but you can't take away!

Then I added the coco butter. Now you need to melt this until liquid or really soft. It will make the scrub really watery, but don't worry! Once the Coco-Butter cools the scrub will thicken up! If you want to make sure the texture is right, you can put a little on a spoon and put it in the freezer for a few minutes until it cools off.

Once you are satisfied with the texture you can gently stir in you Essential Oil or your choice of flavoring. In my particular scrub today I used a mix of lavender and rose.

Once you add the smells you can pour the scrub into a container with a lid and leave it to come to room temp.
Use this in the shower to make your legs and arms smell and feel wonderful!

I made this for my Mom (from Tea in the Morning Too ) and myself for a little pamper session!

Have fun with this and if you try it, let me know what smells you use and how they turned out!

Here is my finished product! Its lovely just plain like that or.....

Add ribbon or some twine and give it as a gift!
Have fun with this and always,
Keep it Healthy and Safe!
H. Banana



No comments