Easy Vegan Mug Cake



     Mug cakes are great for those late night cravings , or when you want a sweet treat but not the whole cake! Finding a good recipe can be tricky though. A lot of them can have an eggy taste..but not this one! There are no eggs in sight of this mug cake..and guess what? Its delicious!



     I make mug cakes quite often, especially when my family is enjoying a dessert that isn't vegan. I just make my own small, single serve dessert and I am good to go! Mug cakes are great for snacks, desserts, or even breakfast! This recipe is based off a coffee cake and has hints of cinnamon that pairs so well with things like coconut ice cream for dessert or blueberries for breakfast!

 
 
 
Ingredients:
 
4 TBS Whole Wheat or All Purpose Flour
 
2 TBS Brown Sugar
 
1 TBS White Sugar
 
Pinch of Salt
 
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
 
2 TBS Veg Oil
 
3-4 TBS Almond Milk
 
1/2 tsp Vanilla
 
 
 
   Start with the dry ingredients first, adding them into a large, microwave safe or bowl. Mix them together well, making sure to get out any flour lumps.
 
 
     Next, add in the oil, almond milk and vanilla and give it a good mix. Use a fork as a whisk to make sure everything is fully combined.
 
 

     Okay! Now its time for the microwave. Here is the time when you could add in nuts, raisins, blueberries or even some dairy free chocolate chips if you want to! Wipe down the sides of the bowl or mug and microwave for 2-3 minutes, starting with 1.5 minutes and going up my 30 secs until the cake is firm and has stated pulling away from the sides.


     Let the cake rest and cool down for a good 5 minutes before enjoying! I ate mine with some coconut vanilla ice cream and it was delicious! It tasted like fall! I also think it would be delicious with blueberries and it would be like a blueberry muffin!



I know this was a short post, but school has started back up for me and I have been super busy! I still hope to be able to get a post out every week!

I really hope you try out this recipe! Its such an easy and quick recipe that you really have no reason not to try it! Make a cup of coffee and a mug cake and settle down with a good book.... now doesn't that sound wonderful?!

Please share this post and my blog with your friends and family to spread the love of good food, healthy eating and living a healthy lifestyle!

You can follow and stay up to date on the blog via email, Google and social media!

Instagram- That_Vegan_Runner

Pinterest- SpinachisGood/Hannah Plunkett

Tumblr- justrunningforfood

Twitter- SpinachisGood

I post every Friday!

Stay happy, healthy and laughing!

Hannah

No comments