Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting


     Fall has arrived and with it comes so many delicious flavors! This fall inspired, Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cake is the perfect thing to get you in the mood for the fall season! Complete with a vegan cream cheese frosting, everyone is sure to love this easy dessert!



     I love fall! I am so happy it has finally arrived, but now I am just waiting for the weather to cool off! While I wait, I just want to read books and eat this delicious Pumpkin Spice Cake! It is everything you would want in a fall-inspired dessert, plus, its VEGAN!


     The cake is super soft and pumpkin-y and it pairs so well with the sweet and slightly-tartness of the {vegan} cream cheese! The pumpkin pie spice rounds all the flavors together into a delicious, sweet treat!

Ingredients:
For the Cake:

2 cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 1/2 cup White Sugar
1 1/2 cup Almond Milk
1 1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
1/3 cup Oil of Choice
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar

For the Frosting:

2-3 cups Powdered Sugar
3/4 cup Vegetable Shortening
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
2-3 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1-2 tsp Almond Milk
pinch of salt

Start by whisking together the wet ingredients, all but the apple cider vinegar. Then add in the sugar and whisk for around 45 seconds.


Next, add in the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Once everything is combined, whisk for 1 minute.


Add in the apple cider vinegar and give the batter one final whisk to combine the vinegar. Then pour the batter into either: 1 9x13 pan or 2 round cake pans that are well greased.  Bake at 350 F for 40-45 minutes, or until a tooth pic inserted in the center comes out clean.


Your house will smell amazing!!!! You will want to just drink the air! Okay, now  let's make the frosting!

Start by add the vegetable shortening, salt and coconut oil to a bowl and whisking until combined and fluffy.
Then add in the vanilla, apple cider vinegar pumpkin pie spice, and powdered sugar {little by little} and whisk to combine and the mixture is fluffy! Add in the almond milk bit by bit until the frosting is the desired texture.


Once the cake is completely cooled, you can apply the frosting. I used a 9x13 pan and kept the cake in the pan and that made frosting so much easier! If you chose the 2 round pans, I suggest chilling your frosting for 15-20 minutes before frosting the cakes!


Be careful not to eat all the frosting before it gets on the cake! I couldn't stop eating it! I cannot believe how close to real cream cheese the frosting tastes like!


Slice right away and serve to your friends and family, or keep it all to yourself! No judgement here! My whole family enjoyed this cake, especially my little brother! He gobbled it up in a flash!
 
 
 
I am so pleased with how well this cake turned out! I know this is a recipe I will be making time and time again in the future! Next time I might turn the batter into cupcakes or whoopee pies!
 
 
I really hope you try out this recipe and see just how delicious it is! Pumpkin Spice isn't just for lattes anymore!
 
If you enjoyed this post and recipe, please share it and my blog with your friends and family! Spread the love of eating delicious, healthy food and living a healthy lifestyle!
 
You can follow this blog via email, Google and social media! Stop by and see what I get up to!
 
Instagram- That_Vegan_Runner
Pinterest- Hannah Plunkett/SpinacisGood
Twitter- SpinachisGood
Tumblr-justrunningforfood
 
I post every Friday, so check back every week for a new and exciting post!
 
Happy Fall!
 
Hannah

No comments