5 Resons to Go Vegan!



     A vegan or plant based diet might seem unnecessary, difficult, or ( to some) even an unhealthy diet. I have been vegan for almost 2 years and I am here to tell you that it is far from that! Eating a vegan diet is healthy, delicious and super easy!


What is Veganism
     I want to start this post off with a definition, in my own words, of what veganism is. Veganism or eating a vegan diet is eating  a diet free of all animal products- meat, eggs, dairy and ( almost always) honey.
    
Some people choose to take veganism into more than just their diets. They prefer to wear only animal friendly clothing, don't use products tested on animals, and have animal-free furniture.
   
 For those who aren't quite ready to go to the full extreme of a vegan diet, or don't want to adopt all of the vegan diet guidelines, they might adapt a more plant-based diet. This usually is very similar to a vegan diet, with the exceptions of honey. Also, those who follow a plant based diet tend to be less choosy about their clothing, products and furniture being vegan friendly.




     Okay, so I've been eating a vegan diet for almost 2 years now, and I can safely say I haven't regretted it at all! Sure, it was hard at first, but once I saw and felt the positive changes in my life, there was no going back for me!

    Why I went Vegan

 If you don't already know, I went vegan because I have a dairy allergy. After I went vegan and I wasn't eating any dairy, I felt so much better!
      I also saw a change in my energy levels, which made it so much easier to get up early for morning runs!
     Before I started a vegan diet, I was often bloated, but that went away after about a week on the vegan diet.
      I also used to have super frizzy and uncontrollable hair, and after I went vegan I notice a huge change in the look and feel of my hair!
      Another benefit I had from a vegan diet was the fact that I was forced to eat more fruits and vegetables, since that was a huge part of my diet after all!


Now that you know why I went vegan and have continued with it, let me share with you my Top 5 Reasons to Go Vegan!

#1 Energy Levels Will be Through the Roof!
     Soaring energy levels are one of the first benefits you will feel after switching to a vegan diet. Because you are eating tons more fruits and vegetables, you are consuming a lot more nutrients, vitamins and minerals than on a standard American diet. All those extra nutrients are put to use in extra energy, making you feel energized all day long!
      Just make sure to eat enough, or you are going to feel tired from lack of calories, not nutrients! On a vegan diet, you have to eat quite a bit more to equal the amount of calories needed to maintain a healthy body, so eat up!

#2 Weight Loss is So Much Easier on a Vegan Diet
     Losing weight is the topic of so many discussions lately, and often its in disgust or frustration. On a vegan diet, losing weight can be so easy that you won't even notice it's happening! Because your diet will consists of mainly fruits, vegetables, grains and nuts, you will naturally feel fuller, even though you aren't eating near as many calories as you would on a ,eat-based diet. Things like  fruit and vegetables take up a lot of space in your stomach, making you feel full without having to eat a ton of calories. This also means you get to eat more and still lose weight! Also, all those extra nutrients from a vegan diet boosts you body's over all health, making it that much easier to lose weight!

#3 Animal Products Have Been Linked to Diseases and Health Issues
      Studies have linked things like dairy, red and white meat, and eggs to heart disease, cancers, and diabetes. Because these types of food contain such a high cholesterol and fat content, they are also detrimental to over all health of your body. Staying away from animal products only decreases you chances of a life-threating disease or health issue becoming a problem. It will also keep you healthier in your day to day life. Eating a vegan diet can boost your immune system, making it harder for you to get sick!
    Just make sure to stick to the healthier side of a vegan diet and eat less of the processed vegan foods like fake meats and cheeses. These foods are delicious and okay for everyone now and then, but for an over all healthy body, stick to more unprocessed, whole vegan foods!

#4 See Clearer Skin on a Vegan Diet!
     As I mentioned before, animal products contain a lot of fat. One thing all this fat does is create oily and acne-prone skin. If you suffer from severe acne, then a vegan diet might just be the thing you need to have clear skin! Removing all that excess fat from your diet will result in less oily, smoother and healthier, glowing skin!
    Again, these benefits are easiest to receive if you stick with a more whole foods approach to a vegan diet. Processed foods in general aren't that great for clear, healthy skin! Also, drinking lots of water helps the body to flush out any toxins that might be causing the acne and skin problems!

#5 A Vegan Diet is Super Cheap!
     Eating a vegan diet isn't just great for your health. Its wonderful on the pocket book too! Meat, dairy and eggs are quite expensive in comparison to whole grains, vegetables and fruits. Eating a diet full of things like beans, grains, vegetables and fruits is going to be a lot cheaper than a diet full of animal products.
As long as you stick to mainly the cheaper, whole foods, then a vegan diet is going to be far cheaper and easier than a meat based diet. Processed vegan foods are delicious, but they can be expensive!


     Okay, so there you have it. My top 5 reasons to go vegan! Not everyone will experience the same or all of these benefits, but I think we can agree that even just one of these benefits would be amazing! Hopefully this post has encouraged you to look closer into a vegan or plant based diet, or at least try to eat more fruits an vegetables and less meat, dairy and eggs!

     Please share this post with your friends and family to spread the love of a healthy lifestyle and help everyone experience the benefits of eating a healthy diet!

You can follow the blog via email, Google and social medias! I post daily on my social media platforms, so stop by and see what I get up to!

Instagram- That_Vegan_Runner

Pinterest- Hannah Plunkett/SpinachisGood

Twitter- SpinachisGood

Tumblr- justrunningforfood

I post every Friday!

Stay happy, healthy and laughing!

Hannah

No comments