Vegan Dirty Chai Lattee Muffins



    The past few weeks, I have been obsessed with coconut chai lattes! The flavors just scream 'fall' to me! So, I decided to put the flavors I love from Chai tea into some delicious muffins!




     Fall is really just days away and it is already starting to cool off and actually feel like it here! I love this time of year and all the delicious flavors it brings! Chai tea is a blend of spices that is both warm and spicy at the same time. It really is a delicious flavor bomb!



     I made these chai muffins after I had a almond milk coconut latte on a chilly rainy day. I love chai teas and I wondered if I could turn it into a muffin. Turns out, I can! I even added a secret ingredient to make it a bit 'dirty' and extra delicious!


Ingredients:

1/2 cup Coconut Milk

1/2 cup Warm Water

1/3 cup Oil

2 tsp Vanilla

2 tsp Instant Espresso Powder

1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar

1 cup Sugar

2 cups Whole Wheat Flour

1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon

1/2 tsp Ground Ginger

1/4 tsp Cardamom

1 tsp Allspice

1/3 tsp Ground Clove

1/3 tsp Nutmeg

2 tsp Baking Powder

1 tsp Baking Soda

Pinch of Salt



Start by whisking together the warm water and espresso powder until it is fully dissolved. Then add in the rest of the wet ingredients, including the sugar. Do not add the vinegar.


Then add in the dry ingredients ( flour, spices, baking powder, baking soda and salt) and whisk to combine.



Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a muffin tin, or a whoopee pie pan ( I used a leaf and pumpkin shaped one!). Fill each tin about 1/2-3/4 of the way full.



Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges start to brown and a tooth pick come out clean from the center! Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes in the pan before removing and allowing to cool on a wire wrack!


The house smelled soooooo good while these muffins were baking! I could barely wait for them to bake before I had to try them!


They turned out so well! I love how the spices blend together and the little kick from the espresso powder really makes these a delicious treat! I can't wait to brew some chai tea and settle down with a chai muffin and a good book!


I really hope you try this recipe out to see how delicious they are for yourself! I am already wanting to make another batch because the first one was gone sooooo fast! They are the perfect thing to throw into a school lunch, take to work or just enjoy at home!



Please share this post and my blog with your friends and family! Spread the love of delicious healthy food and living the healthiest life possible!

You can follow the blog via email, Google and social medias! I am quite active on the social media sites, so stop by to see what I'm up to!

Instagram- That_Vegan_Runner 

Pinterest- Hannah Plunkett/SpinachisGood

Twitter- SpinachisGood 

Tumblr- justrunningforfood 

I post every Friday! 

Live well, smile often, and don't forget to laugh! 

Hannah 

No comments