Vegan Maple Banana Pecan Muffins



These muffins are to die for! They are everything one would want in a muffin and more! I don't think they lasted 24 hours in our house!



The other day I was in the mood for some muffins... so naturally I decided to make some! I wanted to do something a bit different.....give the ole blueberry muffins a rest :) So, I decided to try and combine banana nut muffins with maple pecan muffins and see what happened.....spoiler alert...it was amazing!



Not only are these muffins delicious and packed full of goodness like fruit and nuts.... but they are vegan! Meaning- free from dairy and eggs... which means even more people an enjoy them!



Bananas provide a natural sweetener for these muffins along with the help of the maple syrup to make a delicious muffin perfect for breakfast, snacks or school/work lunches! Paired with a cup of coffee or tea and you have yourself a real treat!


Ingredients:

1 cup All Purpose Flour

3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour

1 cup Brown Sugar

1 tbs Baking Powder

Pinch of Salt

1 tsp Cinnamon

2 ripe Bananas...mashed

1/2 cup Nondairy Milk ( I used Almond )

1/2 cup Vegetable Oil

2 tsp Vanilla

4 tbs Maple Syrup

1/2 cup Chopped Pecans

1/2 cup Raisins



1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Mash Banana and combine with sugar, oil, almond milk, vanilla, salt and maple syrup.
3. Add in flours, baking powder, and cinnamon and mix to combine.
4. Fold in raisins and pecans.
5. Grease or line muffin tins.
6. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full.
7. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until set and golden brown on the edges.
8. Remove muffins from the pan and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
9. Enjoy right away or store in an air tight bag or container.
10. ps....they would freeze very well too :)



I was so pleased with how well these muffins turned out! My whole family loved them and we ate them up very quickly! Maybe its time for another batch!



I really hope you try this recipe and that you love it as much as I did! I know I will be making these muffins again very soon!

Please share this recipe and my blog with your family and friends to spread the love of yummy food and living a healthy lifestyle!

You can follow the blog via email, Google and social media to stay up to date on the posts and see what I get up too when I'm not blogging!

Instagram- That_Vegan_Runner

Pinterest- Hannah Plunkett / SpinachisGood

Twitter- SpinachisGood

Tumblr- justrunninforfood

Check back weekly for new and delicious posts!

Until then,

stay healthy and happy!

~ Hannah

No comments