Your Body On: Diet Soda

  Diet soda may seem like a good option to some. You get the soda you love without the calories right? But, what you don't know is that Diet Soda is so terrible for you! I did some research and I found out a lot! Here are the reason you should never drink diet soda again!

Teeth:
Drinking 3 or more diet sodas a day increases your risk of tooth decay due to the super high acidity level.

Mood:
Drinking 4 or more cans of diet soda makes you 30% more likely to develop depression.

Metabolic Syndrome:
Consuming diet soda daily can cause your risk of metabolic syndrome to increase by 36%. Not sure what Metabolic Syndrome is? Well, WebMD has a great article explaining everything you need to know! I encourage you to check it out!

Heart:
A study in 2012 found that drinking diet soda daily can increase the risk of a heart attack by 43%.

Kidneys:
Drinking 2 or more diet sodas a day has been linked to double the risk of kidney disease. The information came from a study of 3,000 women.

Weight:
A daily serving of diet soda increases the risk of obesity by 41%.

Diabetes:
Drinking at least one diet soda a day can increase the risk of type2 diabetes by 67%.

This information came from Prevention.com

  So, now that you know what diet soda will do to you, are you going to give it up? What about just regular soda? Are you going to give that up too? You should. I gave it up several months ago and I am so glad I did. I am healthier because of it, I know. And, to tell the honest truth, I don't miss it at all! I have tried to have a sip or two here and there but it doesn't taste the same and I don't enjoy it. I encourage you to try to give up soda. Maybe you feel like you can't live without your daily soda, but start with a week and then two until you're going months without it. I know it can be done, because I did it! Not just diet soda, but every sugary soda out there needs to be cut from your diet!

Let me know if you are trying to cut soda from your diet and how you are doing it! I hope this post has given you some proof that diet soda isn't good for you and encourages you to take another step to becoming a healthier you!

Keep healthy and Safe
H.Banana

No comments