FitBit

  On Black Friday I got a FitBit Flex . Its a fitness tracker that tracks your steps, calorie burn, active minutes, your sleep and you can log your food, workouts and water intake. I had been wanting one for a while and I am so excited that I finally have one!

Why I wanted a FitBit
 I wanted a FitBit because I wanted to be able to track my activity and calorie burn more accurately. My Dad had owned a Jawbone in the past but he hadn't had too much luck with them working well for a long time. And, since I don't own an Apple device I needed a fitness tracker that had an app for the Samsung devices. FitBit fulfilled all those requirements!

What do I think so far?
I love my FitBit! I wear it all the time, except for in the shower. It is waterproof but I don't want to take any chances! I love getting up in the morning and seeing how well I slept that night and during the day I can check my calorie burn and number of steps! I am much more aware of the need to move more now because I want to reach by daily goals!  I also love the fact that I can set silent alarms to go off to wake me up! The FiBit on my wrist just vibrates enough to wake me up! Its much nicer than an annoying alarm clock!

What does a FitBit do?
Well, for starters, its a fitness tracker. It tracks your movement, calorie burn and activity level as well as your sleep and number of steps. You can program it to wake you up in the morning, remind you during the day to get moving and you can check it with a tap of the finger to the device to see how close you are to reaching your goal! It so motivating to check it during the day and see your progress. It also tell you how many calories to eat based on your needs. As you log your food during the day it tells you how many more calories you need to eat! There are also challenges you can try to compete against other FitBit owners.

  I didn't do any research into other brands of fitness trackers, besides the Jawbone because I knew which one I wanted for my needs. My Dad has ordered a fitness tracker from WiThings and I am excited to see how this one is different from my FitBit.

Let me know if you have a FitBit or other fitness tracker and how you like it, what all it does and how long  you've had it!

Please share my blog with a friend if you have enjoyed my posts! Also, follow be on Pinterest under Hannah Plunkett!

Keep it Healthy and SAFE!
H.Banana

No comments