Stuffed Pepper Soup

 I love stuffed bell peppers! They are so fun and delicious! But, I also love stuffed bell pepper soup!! It is so delicious, flavorful and healthy too!

I have made this soup recipe many times before, and it is always a crowd pleaser! I am always told that this soup is delicious, and asked for the recipe! This soup is full of veggies, flavor and yumminess! Its the perfect healthy meal for all year long!

So, let me show you how to make this amazing soup!

Ingredients:
1 yellow onion, diced
3 bell peppers, chopped
1 tbs coconut oil( or olive oil)
2 tbs minced Garlic
1 10 oz can of Rotel
1 can of canned Corn
1 can diced tomatoes
3 tbs ketchup( the kind without High Fructose Corn Syrup)
1/2 lb lean ground beef, cooked
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4-1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper (Less is more)
1-2 tsp Paprika
3-4 tbs Taco Seasoning ( I use a mix from Frontier Trading Post, but use your favorite blend!)
1 tbs chopped fresh Basil
2 1/2 cup Broth (Any kind it fine, I used Chicken but Veg. or Beef broth would work too!)

Start by warming the oil in a pot. Add the onions when the oil is warm.

Cook until they become soft and start to color around the edges! Then, add in the garlic and cook for around a minute.

Next, Add in the bell peppers and cook until they become soft.


When the Peppers are soft, add in the canned corn and Rotel.



Bring this to a bubble and then add in the canned diced tomatoes and Ketchup.

 
Now we add in the cooked ground beef. I just cooked mine with a bit of my Taco Seasoning before adding it to the soup.


Let that warm up a bit. Next, we can add in the seasonings.

 
Let this come to a low boil and then add in the broth and basil.

 
Bring this to a boil and then reduce the heat and let it simmer for around 45 minutes. This lets all the flavors combine and come together!
 
 
Make sure you taste it to make sure you have the right amount of seasoning! It smells so good and looks so colorful!
 
 
My family and I like it best served over rice or quinoa with a sprinkle of cheese on top!
 
 
I hope you enjoyed today's post! If you make this recipe, let me know what you thought! Share it with a friend and family member!
 
Please follow the blog via Email and Google, Twitter @ SpinachisGood and Pinterest @ Hannah Plunkett.
 
Stay tuned for new Post every Monday and Friday!
 
Keep Healthy and Safe!
H.Banana

No comments