Salud! Cooking School at Whole Foods: Part 2: Day 2

  So, Day 2 of our cooking school at Whole Foods was Latin food! It was one of my favorite days for many reasons! 1, our family lives off of Mexican Food, 2, lots of fresh veggies and flavors, 3 GUACAMOLE!!!

The Menu
 We made a lot of delicious food on this day, and I loved all of it! We made some guacamole, steak tostados, bean and corn salsa, strawberry limeade, and Alfajores!

 
The guacamole was really yummy! We used something called a tomatillo in the recipe. I have never use one before, but I already knew I liked the taste! It was a great blend of chunky and smooth and spicy! I  make my own guacamole at home, and I was excited to add a new recipe to my stash!

 
The staff had made a marinade for the steak before we arrived, because it needed to sit for a few hours. They grilled it along with some tomato slices and onions! Let me tell you, the smells that filled the kitchen were out of this world!


The corn and bean salsa was really amazing! It was a mix of corn, beans, tomatoes, onions and cilantro! We also added balsamic vinegar to the mix and it really took this dish up a notch!


We made a Tostada Bar and everyone went through the line to make their own tostada. There was our salsas( I didn't get a picture of the tomatoes salsa!)  guacamole, grilled meat and veggies along with cheese, limes and sour cream!


I liked everything! Everything was delicious and I can't wait to recreate the dishes at home for my whole family to enjoy!

 
After this delicious feast, we had some alfajores cookies. These are a traditional Latin sweet, and one bite is enough for you to fall in love!

These cookies are two almond shortbread cookies sandwiched between some Dulce de Leche sauce! They are so amazing!!!!! The perfect balance of buttery, crunching, dry cookie and creamy, smooth, rich and delicious caramel sauce! We took some home for the family to try, and they loved them as well!


Well, that was Day 2 of our cooking experience at the Whole Food's Cooking School! Stay tuned for Day 3 in this post-series!

If you liked this post, please share it with a friend and family member! You can follow the blog via email, Google, Twitter @ SpinachisGood and Pinterest @ Hannah Plunkettt.

New post every Monday and Friday!

Keep healthy and safe!
H. Banana

No comments