Favorite Books!

I love to read just about any type of book, but especially books about food, health and fitness. I find them motivational, helpful, entertaining and inspirational. I always feel inspired to eat and live healthier after I read one of these books! So, I want to share with you a few of my favorite books and maybe you can be just as inspired and motivated as me!


French Women Don't Get Fat! by  Mireille Guiliano
 French Women Don't Get Fat is one of my favorite books! Mireille is such a great writer, balancing her life story, the French tips for staying trim, and delicious recipes! I love that she shares her victories as well as failures and tips she learned along the way. Her recipes are easy to follow, delicious and all relatively healthy. She also has a 'plan' of sorts for getting started living as a French woman. I also read the sequel to the book: French Women For All Seasons and I loved that one as well.

Clean
Clean is a book I've blogged about before. It is a cleansing/detox book that explains what detoxing does, the benefits of it and how to do it! I have done a version of the cleanse twice, and I loved how I felt during and after each time! It also has several recipes that are clean and healthy!


In Defense of Food
Michael Pollan's book, In Defense of Food is such a great informational book about food, the American way of eating, and what we can do to change the way we eat. He also has several others books that I want to read, including Omnivore's Dilemma which I am in the middle of reading now!

Running Like a Girl
I just started reading this book, Running Like a Girl , and I have already fallen in love! The book is written from the perspective of someone who started out not liking to run, and follows her as she grows and learns to love it.  It is so motivational, funny, and informational. After reading just a few chapters, I wanted to go out for a run! I love how easy it is to relate to the author, and understand the struggles and realize that you aren't alone in your feelings towards running after all!

Body and Soul
Bethany Hamilton's book, Body and Soul is such a great book! She writes about growing up, losing her arm to a shark attack, learning to surf again, getting her life back on a healthier track, and living life in a healthier way. I love her workouts, recipes, stories, tips, and inspiration! She also is firm in her faith and shares ways that God has helped her through her life! I recommend this book for teenage girls( or anyone!) who wants to get their life back on a healthier track!

No comments