Salud! Cooking School at Whole Foods: Part 5: Day 5

Ah,  day 5 was a lot of fun, even if it was the last day of school. We got to invite a friend or family member to come for lunch and eat a lunch that we prepared. On this day we took a trip to France and made several traditional French dishes.

We made a herby salad, fresh tomato tart, quiche, asparagus, garlic knots, and chocolate cremeux. I am not a big fan of quiche, but everyone else said it was delicious. I liked everything else, especially the chocolate dessert!


 
We were taught how to set a table properly and fold napkins into a pretty shape. The we decorated the tables with fancy table clothes and decorations to make it pretty for our guest!



 

Alright, on to the food! :)

We made some really yummy asparagus with lemon zest and butter brushed on them. They were soft and tender, just how I like them! I loved them and will try the recipe very soon!

Then we made a salad filled with all kinds of herbs, lettuce and topped with a shallot vinaigrette. It was spicy, flavorful and very delicious! It was one of my favorite parts of the meal!

Like I said, I don't like quiche, but many people do, so I'll talk about it too! We used a dough to make a crust in some mini muffin tins. Then we filled them with an egg, cheese, bacon and chives mixture.

Next was the tomato tart. Tart Tatin is what it was called. We used a puff pastry crust and topped it with a cream cheese, lemon zest and seasonings. Then we layered tomato slices on top and finished it with salt, pepper, and chives! It was a different and delicious dish! I made to try it very soon, maybe in personal size dishes?...

Finally, for dessert we had chocolate cremeux. It is much like a chocolate pudding, only firmer and much richer! You can see by the small serving container, a little bit is plenty! It was so rich, creamy, chocolate, and amazing! I loved it and so did the rest of my family! We had my Mom, little sister and little brother as our guest for lunch!

 
Well,  that is Day 5 of our cooking school at Whole Foods! This was the last day of the school, and my sister and I can't believe how quickly the time flew by! We learned so much and I have so many different recipes I want to try! I also realized even more how much I want to make a career out of my passion for making(and eating!) delicious and healthy food!
 
Please share this post with a friend and family member! You can follow the blog via email and Google, Twitter @ SpinachisGood and on Pinterest @ Hannah Plunkett.
 
New Post every Monday and Friday!
 
Keep healthy and Safe!
 
H. Banana

No comments