Salud! Cooking School at Whole Foods: Part 4: Day 4

Day 4 was my favorite day of all. It was a delicious trip to India! I loved everything we made on this day, and I am planning to make these recipes very soon so my family can enjoy the amazing food as well!

We made a fresh cucumber salad, a delicious rice pilaf, vegetable curry, garlic naan, and a traditional dessert called Halva! Not everyone was a fan of the halva( I enjoyed a small portion at a time!) but everything else was a huge hit!

I only got a picture of everything already on the plate, so no individual pictures (sorry!).

Lets start with the cucumber salad. It was a fresh mix of veggies, seasonings and a light dressing. Delicious, fresh and a perfect addition to the meal!

Next, my personal favorite of the meal, a rice pilaf! We used onions, almonds and raisins to make this dish amazing! I loved it so much and I cannot wait to make it again! We actually cooked it in the oven and added peas when it came out of the oven!

Then we worked on our vegetable curry. We used a variety of veggies: potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, cauliflower and peppers. We cooked it in a coconut milk/curry sauce until the veggies were tender and soft. So amazing and so full of flavor! I loved this dish so much!



We made garlic naan next. As you may know, I make naan at home often, but their method and recipe was a bit different from mine and it was cool to learn something new! We cooking it in the oven and then brushed it with a garlicky butter when it was done! Delicious and a perfect addition to this Indian meal!

For dessert we made halva. It is a sweet cookie-dough like dessert, that takes some getting used to. We cooked it over the stove and then let it cool in the fridge. We scooped it out and topped it with chocolate chips and crushed pistachios. It was very sweet and a little bit went a long way!

Well, that was Day 4 of our Cooking School at Whole Foods! Only one more day left! This day was by far my favorite day( expect for dessert. There I liked the Latin dessert best!)!

Please share this post with a friend and family member! Follow the blog via email, Google, Twitter @ SpinachisGood and on Pinterest @ Hannah Plunkett!

New post every Monday and Friday!

Keep healthy and safe!
H. Banana


No comments