Relaxing Facials

I've always loved the idea of having a facial, but up until a few weeks ago, I'd never had one before. My sister wanted to get one for her birthday, and we finally found time to go! We have a Aveda Institute near us, and as soon as we check it out online, we knew we had to get our facials there!


AVEDA is a company that uses flower and plant essences to create their products. They believe in using natural ingredients as much as possible to insure that their end products are as gentle and helpful as they can be. I love their products, especially their hair care lines!

AVEDA Institute  is an AVEDA cosmetology college. They have several branches, and one happens to be near us! The great thing about getting a facial, massage, hair cut and so on, at a institute is that the students are preforming the treatments(overseen by their teachers) so it tends to be a bit cheaper than a regular salon!

We booked our appointments and got excited about our facials! We arrived at the institute and were offered cool water and warm herbal teas while we waited. Then we met the students who would we doing our facials and they lead us to our rooms. We each had our own room and student to ourselves! The first thing the student asked me to do was to put on a towel, to make it easier for her to preform the facial. Then she gave me a mini foot-massage with some warm water and foot scrub. She explained that this was to help relive stress. Then I laid on a bed and she began the facial. She cleaned by face and then wrapped it in warm towels (which was amazing!). She also had a fog-machine of sorts waving back and forth over my whole body, which was really nice. Then she called her instructor in and they went over the students choices for products, selection of procedures and so on. They asked me if I was comfortable with the choices, I said I was, and then the instructor left. The student spritz my face with a hydrating spray, massaged my face, neck, arms and feet and calves with an oil of my choosing. Then she applied a clay mask to my face and neck areas. While she was doing this there was very relaxing music playing and the room was dim, which I found very relaxing! Then she cleaned my face and applied a warm towel. She applied a hydrating moisturizer to my face and neck. To wrap things up, she massaged my choice of a body oil into my neck, arms, hands. Then she had me sit up, and she applied the oil to my back as well. Next, she stepped out of the room to allow me to change back into my clothes. She brought me to the spa's waiting room and the instructor asked me a few questions about my experience, whether or not the student did a good job and so on. Then the student showed me a few products that she used in the treatment, and a few she recommended me using on a daily basis.


I enjoyed my facial at the Aveda salon so much, I can't wait to return for another treatment! The students were all very nice, informative, knowledgeable, and they went out of their way to make you feel as comfortable and relaxed as possible! Was there anything lacking? Only that I wish it could have gone on forever! We ended up getting a 60 minute facial which I found to be a perfect length in the end!
After the facial my skin was so smooth, bright and clean looking and feeling! I loved the treatment, the products, and the way I felt after my facial!

 
We loved our facials at the Aveda Institute, and I encourage you to look into the services they offer! I am sure that, if you chose to get a treatment at the Aveda Institute near you, that you will find it just as amazing as we did!
 
New post every Monday and Friday
 
Please share the blog with your friends and family! You can follow the blog via Google, email, Twitter @ SpinachisGood and on Pinterest @ Hannah Plunkett.
 
Keep healthy and safe!
H. Banana
 

No comments