Easy Vegan White Bean Dip



     I love hummus! Hummus and I have a relationship, and it will always be there for me, but sometimes I like to change it up a bit! Give hummus a break, and try something new! That's when I discovered white bean dips and I just had to make my own! It turned out delicious and I want to share the recipe with you!






     While hummus is made from chickpeas( or garbanzo beans) this dip is made with white beans( like navy beans) . They have a different flavor and yield a delicious , hummus-like dip! You can really flavor it with anything, from Greek flavors to Spanish spices, but I just chose my favorite spices and you can too!



Ingredients:

1 can White Beans
3 TBS Tahini
1 tsp Lemon Juice
2 tsp Salt
3 TBS Olive Oil ( or the bean water)
2 TBS Minced Garlic *or* 2 tsp Garlic Powder

After that you can really add anything you'd like! Here is what I added!

2 tsp Cumin
2 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Chili Powder

     Rinse and drain your beans ( keep back the water if you are using it!) and add them to a blender or food processor and long with everything else! This is really a dump and go recipe, which is great because it is so easy! I like to use our personal-sized blender cups because it gives a smoother texture, but use whatever you have!


Put on the lid and blend away! You might need to add more liquid to make things run smoother, but other than that the recipe is almost done!


     Give it a taste and adjust the seasoning if you need to! Then, place in an air tight container and allow to cool for a while before serving! I love to eat it with pita chips, cucumbers, broccoli or use in place of mayo on a sandwich!


It will keep for at least 2 weeks, if it really last that long in your house! One taste of this flavorful dip and I'm sure you'll be hooked! However you choose to enjoy this protein-packed dip, I know you will love it!



I hope you enjoyed this recipe for White Bean Dip and that you give it a try! Please let me know what you think! Share this recipe and my blog with your friends and family to spread the love of a healthy lifestyle!

You can follow the blog via email, Google and social media!

Instagram- That_Vegan_Runner

Twitter- SpinachisGood

Tumblr- justrunningforfood

Pinterest- SpinachisGood

I post every Friday!

Stay Healthy, Happy and Laughing!

No comments