Vegan Lemon Poppyseed Snack Cake for Easter

     Easter is just a few days away! I can't believe how quickly this year has flown by already!!! With Spring here, its time for fresh, bright flavors and colors! This Lemon Poppyseed Snack Cake is full of the bright and delicious flavors of spring! Super lemony, sweet and light, its perfect for your Easter lunch or anytime of the year!


     I love spring and everything wonderful it brings! Warm weather always gets me in the mood for lemon or citrus flavored foods, and this lemon poppyseed cake is a perfect recipe for that! I love how simple, yet powerful the flavors are!
     With just a few ingredients you can have yourself a delicious snack cake, perfect for tea time or Easter Dinner!



     Spring is the perfect time to enjoy fresh fruits and veggies! I loved how the blueberries looked as decorations on this cake! It really added a nice touch of color to the frosting! You can decorate your cake with whatever you like! Some thinly sliced lemons, a sprinkle of poppyseeds or even some fun sprinkles would really look pretty too!



Ingredients:

*( If you would like 2 layers for a larger cake, just double the recipe!)*


For the Cake:

1 cup All Purpose Flour

1/2 cup Coconut Flour

1/2 cup Sugar

1/2 tsp Salt

1 tsp Dried Lemon Peel ( or fresh lemon zest)

2 tsp Poppyseeds

1 tsp Baking Powder

1/3 cup Coconut Oil (melted)

1/2 cup Coconut Milk

1/3 cup Lemon Juice

1 tsp Vanilla

For the Frosting:

1/2 cup Vegetable Shortening

1/4 cup Solid Coconut Oil

2 1/2 to 3 cups Powdered Sugar

1/4 cup Lemon Juice




     Start by mixing all the dry ingredients together and then adding in the wet ingredients. Make sure to mix well, but not to over mix! If you are using fresh lemon zest, be sure to use those lemons for your lemon juice as well!
     Grease or line a 8 inch round cake pan and pour in your batter. If you doubled the recipe, use two pans!


     Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean! Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing from the pan and allowing to cool on a wire rack!


     While the cake is cooling, we can make the frosting! Add the shortening and coconut oil to a bowl and whip it up with a whisk or hand mixer. Make sure to get it fully combined and free from lumps!
     Add in the powdered sugar and lemon juice a bit at a time until you get the flavor and texture you desire!


If you aren't using it right away, place in the fridge. I kept mine on the counter to keep it soft enough to use!

     When you are ready to frost, put the cake on a plate or serving dish and use a spatula or table knife to apply the frosting evenly. I'm not a great cake-decorator, but I did my best! I added blueberries for a pop of color, but use what ever you want!


     Chill in the fridge if you aren't serving it right away! This is the perfect cake for an afternoon snack or after dinner treat!


     I was so happy with the flavor of this cake! I couldn't stop eating it! I want to make a two layer one next time and maybe use from shredded coconut as decoration!!


     I really hope you enjoy this post and that you try this cake! I just know you will love it as much as I did! Its super easy to whip up quickly, but delicious enough to serve at a dinner party!


     Follow the blog to keep up with the posts and what I get up to when I'm not blogging! You can follow via email, Google or social media!

Instagram: That_Vegan_Runner

Twitter: SpinachisGood

Pinterest: SpinachisGood

Tumblr- justrunningforfood

I post every Friday!!

Stay healthy, happy and laughing!

Hannah

No comments