Healthy Vegan Buckeye Bars

     What is better than delicious peanut butter layered between rich, dark chocolate? The fact that it is healthy! Not only is this dessert super delicious and easy to make, its also dairy free, gluten free and refined sugar free!




     Peanut butter and chocolate are a classic combination, and for good reason! ITS SUPER DELICIOUS! I love anything that involves these flavors, but unfortunately, a lot of those creations aren't vegan and/or aren't very healthy. Instead of wallowing in my sorry over this, I decided to make my own, vegan and healthy creation!



     These 'Buckeye' bars are the perfect treat or dessert. They are easy to make, use just a handful of ingredients and taste amazing! And they just happen to be pretty good for you too! You really can't beat that!



     I made these for a Sunday afternoon treat last weekend, and my Monday afternoon they were all gone! My whole family loved these, especially my 4 yr old brother! We couldn't get enough of these delicious, chocolatey treats!


Ingredients
1 cup Coconut Oil ( separated)

1 1/2 cup Peanut Butter

2/3 cup Maple Syrup ( separated)

2 tsp Vanilla (Separated)

1 cup Cocoa Powder

1 tsp Salt ( separated)

     Start by melting 1/2 cup coconut oil and adding in cocoa powder, 1/3 cup maple syrup, 1 tsp vanilla, and 1/2 tsp salt. Mix well until completely combined!


     Line a dish with parchment paper and pour in 1/2 of the chocolate mix. Spread out as evenly as possible and place in freezer to firm up.


     Next, melt remaining coconut oil and add in the peanut butter, remaining maple syrup, vanilla and salt and mix well. Don't taste this....its not incredibly delicious or anything....... :)



     Once the layer of chocolate is mostly firm, pour on all of the peanut butter mixture. Smooth is out as best you can, and return the pan to the freezer to allow the peanut butter layer to firm up.


     Keep the remaining chocolate mix on the counter top so that it stays liquid until the peanut butter layer has set. It should take 15-20 minutes or so.

     
      Once it has set, pour on the remaining chocolate mixture and smooth out over the top. If you need to reheat the chocolate before pouring it, do so in 10 second burst in the microwave.


    Allow it to set for a good hour before removing from the freezer to serve. I let mine sit in the fridge for 20 minutes before I served it!


     Use a sharp knife to cut squares or bars out. Put the remaining bars back in the fridge or freezer to keep them from melting or becoming too soft!


     They were delicious. That's all I have to say about these! Their deliciousness can't be put into words! And I'm not bragging....peanut butter and chocolate just go so well together!


     I really hope you enjoy these buckeye bars as much as I did! I know I will be making them very soon! I also hope you enjoy my blog and come back soon to check out all my healthy lifestyle
content!

     Please follow my blog via email, Google and social medias! I post about my recent posts as well as day to day stuff, so check it out!

Instagram- That_Vegan_Runner

Twitter- SpinachisGood

Tumblr- justrunningforfood

Pinterest- SpinachisGood

I post every Friday!!


Stay healthy, happy and laughing!

Hannah

No comments