Chocolate Strawberry Coconut Bars- Recipe Test

     I am all about creating my own recipes here on my blog, and for the most part I do. I love to mix and match several ideas and recipes to make my own unique dish! But this recipe was too good to pass up sharing it with you!



     A few days ago, I was scrolling Facebook and I came across a Tastemade's video for Healthy Strawberry Chocolate Bars that looked amazing! I passed it along to my Mom and she thought they looked delicious too! So we decided to try them out!



The recipe was pretty simple, with just a few ingredients. For the full recipe, just visit the link to the website or search for it on Facebook!

The Recipe

3 1/2 tbsp Freeze-dried Strawberries+extra for topping

1 1/2 cups Shredded Coconut ( I used unsweetened)

150 g Coconut Cream

2 tbsp Maple Syrup

2 tbs Coconut Oil (melted)

1 tsp Vanilla

150 g Dark Chocolate (Melted)



The Process....
     The recipe was fairly easy to follow and it was quick to make! I first mixed up the coconut/strawberry part of the bar and put it in the freezer to chill. Then I cut them into bar shapes. They did crack fairly easily, so I had to be really gentle with them so they stayed in bar form. I melted the chocolate and added some coconut oil to it so that it would be easier to cover the bars with. I just used a fork to dunk the bars in the chocolate to cover them and sprinkled some of the powdered strawberries on top. Then put them back in the freezer to harden. That was a messy job, but delicious afterwards 'cause I could lick the chocolate off my fingers!


Changes I Made

    I can't say that I changed too much about this recipe. It was a well written recipe! I did add the coconut oil to the melted chocolate, but I think it would have been just fine without it!
    When I make this recipe again (and I will be very soon!) I would add a pinch of salt to bring out the flavors and maybe use freeze-dried raspberries inplace of the strawberries just to mix it up!


    I think they turned out pretty well! They even look similar to the originals! I love it when a recipe turns out just as you expect and even looks like the pictures! Cheers to Tastemade for a great recipe!


     I also love how healthy this recipe is! Its dairy free, sugar free (except for the sugar in your chocolate) and gluten free! Also, its full of healthy fats and taste like it ought to be bad for you, but it isn't! Too me, they taste kind of like an Almond Joy bar( minus the almond, though you could add some in!) only so much healthier!


    I made these over the weekend and we had them for our sweet treat on Sunday afternoon with a cup of coffee! Even though its the middle of winter, it felt like a summer treat! These would be perfect for a delicious spring/summer time dessert!

 
I will be making these again very soon and I hope you make them too! I can't think of anyone who wouldn't like these delicious Strawberry Coconut Bars! Strawberries+Coconut+Chocolate= DELICIOUS!
 
Once again, for the original recipe, just click this link - Tastemade Healthy Strawberry Chocolate Bars and it will take you to Tastemade's website!
 
You can follow me via email, Google and social media! Following me allows you to keep up to date on the blog post, get extra content and stay in touch with me!
 
Instagram- That_Vegan_Runner
Twitter-SpinachisGood
Tumblr-justrunningforfood
Pinterest- Spinach Is Good For You!
 
I post every Friday!
 
Stay healthy, happy and laughing!
 
Hannah
 

No comments