Vegan Peanut Butter Rice Krispies


Have no fear, just because you are vegan, doesn't mean you have to give up treats like rice krispies bars! Just change out a few ingredients and you have yourself a delicious, vegan, rice krispie treat!


     As a young kid, I always like rice krispie bars and even the process of making them. They were easy and cheap to make and everyone always loved them!
     Now that I am vegan, I still want to have rice krispie treats, just without the animal products. I thought this would be almost impossible...but I was wrong!



     These rice krispie treats are not only delicious, but I believe they are a step or two up from the originals....they are peanut butter flavored with the delicious add-in of mini Oreos! What more is there to want?

 
 
Ingredients:
 
4 1/2 cups Puffed Rice Cereal
 
2/3 cup Maple Syrup
 
1 cup Peanut Butter
 
2 tsp Vanilla
 
1 tsp Salt
 
1/2-1 cup mini Oreos, slightly crushed
 
1. Add maple syrup and peanut butter to a pan on the stove and heat it until it is combined and bubbling.
 
 
 

2. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the vanilla and salt.
3. Add cereal to a bowl and pour over the hot mixture- stir well



4. Add in slightly crushed mini Oreos and mix to combine.
5. Line a baking pan with plastic wrap and pour in the cereal mix

6. Flatten with a spoon or spatula and allow to set for 1 hour.
7. Slice into bars and serve or devour them yourself!


     These came out so well! I really love the blend of the flavors and textures! I made these on a night that my family was making regular (non-vegan) rice krispies and I didn't feel like I was missing anything at all!


     I really love the fact that these bars are made with peanut butter and maple syrup because it cuts down on the processed sugar by a lot and the added protein helps to balance blood sugar levels so you don't have the sugar high-sugar crash problem!


     I really hope you try this recipe out! I think it will make great snack bars, school lunch or work snacks, and ( or course) really easy desserts or sweet treats! I want to try adding things like dairy-free chocolate chips, coconut, Nutter Butters( yes, they are vegan) or maybe even using a vegan chocolate nut spread in place of the peanut butter!
     Please try this recipe and see why I love it so much! I just know it will become a go-to recipe in your house!

Please share this post with your friends and family! Spread the love of living a healthy lifestyle and making delicious vegan treats!

You can follow the blog via email, Google and social media.

Instagram- That_Vegan_Runner

Twitter- SpinachisGood

Pinterest- SpinachisGood/ Hannah Plunkett

Tumblr- justrunningforfood

I post on Fridays!

Keep well, healthy and happy!

Hannah

No comments