Easiest Vegan French Toast Ever!



French Toast is a delicious breakfast food that a lot of people assume vegans can't have. This is due to the fact that most French toast recipes call for eggs and milk...but not this one! This is the Easiest Vegan French Toast Recipe Ever!


     Breakfast is probably one of my favorite meals, especially on the weekends when I have a bit more time to make a fancy breakfast! Mostly I make vegan pancakes, oatmeal or a smoothie bowl, but this time I decided to try making something I hadn't had in a long time....French Toast!



     So, as you probably know, most French toast recipes call for things like eggs, butter, milk or heavy cream. This recipes doesn't. Its vegan, egg free and dairy free..... yet still amazingly delicious! You won't believe it when you read how simple this recipe is!



Ingredients:

4-6 slices of Bread ( day old bread is best)

1 cup Non-Dairy Milk ( I used Almond)

4 tbs Flour

1 tsp Vanilla

2 tbs Coconut Oil + more for the Pan

(Optional) 1 tsp Cinnamon

Step 1: Whisk together the milk, flour, vanilla and coconut oil ( and cinnamon if using) Lumps of flour are okay!



Step 2: Add a small spoonful of coconut oil to a pan and bring it up to medium/high heat.
Step 3: Soak a slice of bread in the liquid mix, both sides, for 30 seconds before placing it in the hot pan.


Step 4: Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until bread has browned and is no longer wet.

 
Step 5: Remove from pan and top as desired. I used powdered sugar, cinnamon, strawberries, bananas and maple syrup! Chocolate sauce or vegan chocolate spread would also have been delicious!
 


     This French toast made for a delicious weekend breakfast, but its so easy and simple that it could pass for weekday breakfasts as well! I just know you will love it as much as I do!


     There is just something about covering something in maple syrup and calling it breakfast that screams 'weekend' to me! It really was a great start to my day and to the weekend! I know you will feel the same way once you try out this deliciously simple recipe!


     I really hope you enjoy this recipe and that you give it a try, whether your a vegan or not! Just because it doesn't have the usual ingredients, doesn't mean it isn't just as delicious!

Please share this recipe and my blog with your friends and family to spread the love of breakfast food, vegan recipes and living a healthy lifestyle!

You can follow the blog via email, Google and social medias!

Instagram- That_Vegan_Runner

Pinterest- SpinachisGood/Hannah Plunkett

Twitter- SpinachisGood

Tumblr- justrunningforfood

I post every Friday!

Keep well, stay safe and never stop smiling!

~ Hannah ~

No comments