4 Healthy Summer Drinks

Summer is here! Its getting hotter and hotter everyday, and I am always on the lookout for a fun and healthy way to cool off. Refreshing, ice cold, drinks are a great way to cool off on these hot summer days!

Ice Coffee
I love piping hot coffee to wake me up in the mornings, but during the day I like to have nice cold coffee. Its so simple to make yet so refreshing!

Cold Coffee( I make extra in the morning, so that by the afternoon its cooled and ready to go!)
Ice
Sweetener(Optional) ( Try Truvia, Honey or your sweetener of choice)
Milk(Optional) (Try Almond Milk, Coconut Milk, Cashew Milk, Dairy Milk.....)
Flavoring(Optional) (Try Vanilla, Almond Extract, Chi Spices...the list is endless!)

Mix together the coffee, sweetener, milk and flavoring and pour over ice! My favorite combo is coffee(I don't take milk or sweetener in my coffee) and vanilla!

Peach Tea

Tea is a favorite drink in my house. We like black tea, green tea, herbal teas.... and fruit teas! This week I made Peach Tea and it was delicious! Its perfect for a cool, refreshing summer time drink!

Tea Bags (I used Black Tea)
Peaches

Heat up some water and pour into a pitcher. Add tea bags. Slice the peaches really thin, and add to the pitcher as well. I used 1 peach for 12 cups of tea, but play with the ratio and find how you like it! Let this steep until it has cooled(Don't put it in the fridge to cool. This will cause the tea to be cloudy). Pour over ice and enjoy!
 
 
Ginger Lemonade
 
Lemonade is so refreshing and delicious, but sipping on this sugary drink all day can really add up. My sister and I have been making a healthier version of lemonade, and it is just as good(or better!) Its such a simple recipe and you can add things to it to create different flavor combos! My sister likes to add grated ginger to ours, and it is yummy!
 
8 Cups Water
2 Cups Lemon Juice
1/2 Cup Honey
2-3 TBS Fresh grated Ginger
 
Start by heating up a cup or so of the water. Pour this into the pitcher along with the honey. Stir this until the honey is mixed in well. Then add the lemon juice and grated ginger. Stir to combine and then add the rest of the water. Pour over ice and enjoy!
What I love about this drink is that its guilt-free, healthy, nutritious and delicious all at the same time! The ginger adds such a nice flavor to this drink, but if you don't like ginger there are so many other flavors you can use. Grate in the zest from a lime or orange to make a nice citrus drink, or add the juice from any berry or fruit of your juice to make a fruity lemonade!
 
Spa Water or Essence Water
This drink is really popular right now, and rightly so! It is so easy and so refreshing! You can make it with anything you want and really customize it to your liking!
 
Water
Fruit/Veggies
Herbs
Ice
 
Slice up your favorite fruits and veggies( I love to do Lemon and/or Limes and Cucumber). Then tear up some herbs. Don't chop them too small, or they'll catch in a straw. I love to use mint or lemon balm! Add the fruit and veggies and herbs to a glass with ice and fill with water. The longer it sits, the more flavor the drink will have! Have fun with the combos and enjoy!
 
 
Along with these 4 Summer Drink Ideas, Water is something you should be drinking a lot of! Make sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water ,in addition to other types of drinks, a day!
 
I hope you enjoy this post about Healthy Summer Drinks. Please share this post with a friend to help them cool off this summer!
 
Please share my blog with a friend, follow via email and Google, on Pinterest @ Hannah Plunkett and on Twitter @ SpinachisGood.
 
Check back for more healthy living post every Monday and Friday!
 
Keep Healthy and Safe!
H. Banana
 


No comments