Vegan Ginger Bread


Tis the season for delicious, warm and festive treats! This Vegan Ginger Bread is the perfect treat for the holiday season!




I love ginger bread! Cookies or in bread form, I don't care! This recipe is so molasses-y and ginger-y, the flavors go so well together! Its delicious with some hot tea, coffee, vegan-nog, or some hot cocoa! I also love some coconut vanilla ice cream with it!



Ingredients:

2 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
2 tsp AllSpice
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Vanilla
1/2 cup Coconut Oil ( not melted but not rock-hard)
1 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Molasses
1 cup Boiling Water
3 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar.

Process:
Heat oven to 375. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
 In a stand mixer, or by hand, beat coconut oil, sugar , vanilla and salt together until well combined and fluffy. Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, and ginger and mix to combine. This mixture will be dry and crumbly.
 In a separate bowl, mix together boiling water, molasses and apple cider vinegar. Slowly add hot mixture into the flour mixture and mix to combine.
Pour into greased pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to cool in a wire rack.

 

Baking this bread will make the whole house smell like the holidays! I could have eaten the air!


This bread is best served warm, right away! I can't tell you how many pieces I ate as it was cooling! It also makes great breakfasts and afternoon snacks!




The holidays are here, and its time for all the seasonal baking! I hope you add this Vegan Ginger Bread to your list of holiday bakes this year! I know I will be making this recipe time and time again!

Please share this recipe and my blog with your family and friends to spread the love of delicious healthy food and living a healthy lifestyle!

You can follow the blog via email, Google and social media!

Instagram- That_Vegan_Runner

Twitter- SpinachisGood

Pinterest- Hannah Plunkett/ SpinachisGood

Tumblr- justrunningforfood

I post every Friday!

Happy Holidays!

Hannah

No comments