Homemade Vegan Butter - Nut and Gluten Free

     I know what you're thinking. "How can you make butter at home, without diary, and it actually taste good!?!" I thought the same thing, until I started seeing posts upon posts about making your own vegan butter. So, of course, I had to try it out. I wasn't disappointed and you won't be either!

   
    Since going vegan, I haven't had any butter or butter substitutes, simply because most of them sold in stores are so processed and full of fillers that they aren't worth it. Today, that changes. I have found made homemade, vegan butter that is nut free and gluten free... and it tastes pretty great too!

 
     I have seen several recipes for vegan butter, and most of them probably are pretty good, but they contain either nuts or gluten. This makes it hard for those with allergies to make those recipes. My recipe is free from those allergens, so that everyone can enjoy it!


Ingredients:

4 TBS finely ground Coconut Flour

5 TBS unflavored Non-Dairy Milk

2 tsp Nutritional Yeast

1 tsp Salt

1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar

3 TBS Olive Oil

2/3 cup Melted Coconut Oil

1/4 tsp Turmeric ( optional * I didn't add any*)


     Start by adding the coconut flour, nutritional yeast, salt and turmeric to a high speed blender and blending until combined.
    
     Next, add in the non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar and blend until combined.


Add in the melted coconut oil and olive oil and blend until light and fluffy. It took me around 1 minute in our Ninja Blender.


Pour it into an air tight container and place it in the fridge to harden before use.

 
And that is it. That is how easy it is to make your own vegan butter at home! I toasted some bread to try out my vegan butter for the first time and I was so amazed at home delicious and butter-like it was!
 
 
After a few seconds on the warm toast, the vegan butter started to melt just like 'real' butter. It was so cool!


I haven't tried this vegan butter out in baking, so I am not sure if you can use it that way, but for spreading on toasts and biscuits its great!


     I really hope you've enjoyed this recipe post! I hope you all try this recipe out, vegan or not, and see just how creative you can be with your food! Eliminating or reducing your daily dairy intake has so many health benefits!

     Please share this post and my blog with your friends and family so that everyone can live their healthiest life!

     You can follow the blog via email, Google or social media. Following the blog allows you to keep up to date on the posts and see what I get up to on a daily basis!

Instagram- That_Vegan_Runner

Twitter- SpinachsiGood

Tumblr- justrunningforfood

Pinterest- SpinachisGood

I post every Friday

Stay Healthy, Happy and Laughing!

Hannah

No comments