Easy Vegan Dark Chocolate Fudge Recipe

     I love Fudge! Our family makes some every holiday season, starting around Thanksgiving and on until after the New Years. We love chocolate, and fudge is just another great way to get our chocolate fix!
     When I deicided to go vegan, I thought I would never had fudge again, and I have to admitt, I was a little sad about that! Last year, I made these delicious Chocolate Holiday Truffles instead of fudge, and while they are amazing and chocolatey, they aren't fudge. This year I was determined to have some fudge, so I made some and it turned out amazing!



     Most vegan fudge recipes call for things like cocoa butter, canned coconut, or vegan butters. I'm sure those recipes are delicious, but when I went to make fudge, I didn't have any of these things, so I had to get creative! This recipe just has a few ingredients and uses coconut oil as the binder. Its totally customizeable and is super easy to whip up for a holiday party or chocolate craving!

 
 
Ingredients:
 
3 1/2  cups Powdered Sugar
1 cup Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Coconut Oil
1/3 cup Coconut Milk (or any non-dairy milk)
1 tsp Vanilla
 
Optional Add-Ins
 
1 tsp Cinnamon or Instant Coffee Granules
1 tsp Peppermint or Orange Extracts
1/4 cup finely chopped Pecans, Walnuts or Almonds
1/4 cup Dried Fruit ( Cranberries, Mango...)
1/3 cup crushed Candy Canes
 
 
     Okay, lets get started! First, grease or line a baking pan. I used 8x8 pan, but use whatever you have. The smaller the pan, the thicker the fudge and the longer it will take to harden, so just keep that in mind!
 


      Then, in a large bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, cocoa powder and salt( if you are adding in cinnamon, coffee granules or any other dry spices, add them in now). Mix well to combine.


Now, add in the coconut oil (room temp.) and coconut milk.




     Give it a quick stir and then pop it in the microwave,( or over a double-boiler) for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until it is completely melted and everything is combined well. It should resemble 'normal' fudge.


     Add in the vanilla( or whatever extras you are using) and any add-ins you want. Give it one final mix and then pour it into your prepared pan and flatten it out.


    Now is when you can add crushed candy canes or nuts to the top if you choose. Allow to cool for at least a hour before slicing into squares and enjoying!


     This fudge is amazing! Its has the same melt-in-your mouth texture as 'normal' fudge does and it is so rich, dark and chocolatey- everything fudge should be! I chose to keep this batch simple with just some vanilla for flavoring, but I am excited to try out a peppermint batch, coffee, or even some cayenne pepper for a kick!



     I really hope you try this recipe out and that you love it as much as I do! I am so happy to be able to have fudge this year, even  though I am vegan! Just because this is a vegan, dairy-free recipe doesn't mean that everyone won't love it, regardless of their diet/lifestyle!


Please share this recipe and my blog with your friends and family to spread the love of good food and a healthy lifestyle!

You can follow the blog via email, Google and social media!

Instagram- That_Vegan_Runner

Twitter- SpinachisGood

Tumblr- justrunningforfood

Pinterest- Hannah Plunkett

I post every Friday!

Stay Healthy, Happy and Laughing!

Happy New Year!

Hannah

No comments