Easy Holiday Truffles

      Its December, and the holidays are upon us! I love the holiday season for many reasons! I love the holiday spirit, I love with cold days when all I want to do is sit by the fire with a good book, I love the decorations, and of course I love all the festive food! :)


     Unfortunately, holiday food isn't known for being overly healthy! And while part of it being the holidays is indulging a little bit, its nice to have some healthier treats to keep everything in balance! I love super simple and easy to make recipes, and that's just what these Holiday Truffles are! They are delicious, rich, easily customizable, super easy to make, and also a bit more on the healthier side! I also think they make great gifts to give to anyone who loves chocolate, and isn't that every one? Another perk about these amazing holiday truffles is that, if you use semi-sweet choc. chips or darker, they are vegan! What more do you need to know? You have to make them, now!



Ingredients:
1 1/3 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
7-8 TBS Almond Milk
Flavoring of choice: I used some Young Living Peppermint oil, Cinnamon, and espresso powder for mine!
Coating of choice: I used candy canes, cocoa powder, and cinnamon.

See how simple this recipe is already? Most people are busy during the holidays and don't have time to make treats for parties, guest, or to give as gifts! These are a perfect solution!

Add your choc. chips and milk to a bowl and stir well.


Heat in the microwave for 30 sec. then stir. If it needs more time, heat for 20 sec. stir, and if it needs even more, just do 10 sec. burst(stirring in between each time) until it is nice and smooth!

Then add in your flavoring. If you are using an extract or liquid flavoring, less is more! Just add a tiny bit at a time. If you are using the espresso powder, rub it together in your palm to get rid of any big chunks.


Taste it to make sure it taste amazing! :)

Then pop it in the fridge to chill for around 30 minutes, or until it is firm to the touch. While it is chilling out, you can prepare your coatings!
I crushed my candy canes and put them in a bowl, mixed some cinnamon and cocoa powder together in another bowl, and just added cocoa powder to a third bowl!

 
If you use the candy canes, make sure you crush them pretty finely!

When the truffle mix is firm, take it out of the fridge. Use a spoon to scoop out desired amount, and roll it between your hands to form a ball shape. Then coat it in your coating! I am warning you, it is a messy job!


Place them on some parchment paper in a container for easy storage! I like to write the flavor of the truffles on the paper so I can keep them separate!

 
I rolled the cinnamon flavored ones in a mix of cinnamon and cocoa powder.


The peppermint ones I did a mix of the candy canes and just cocoa powder. I rolled the coffee ones in just plain cocoa powder as well!

 
These are one of my new favorite holiday treats! My favorite flavor that I made was the coffee, but I also loved the peppermint ones! The cinnamon ones remind me of Mexican hot chocolate! There are endless flavor combos out there to try, so get creative! I think some orange juice instead of the milk would be really yummy in the summer or fall!
 
 

Make sure you make plenty so you can share with your family and friends, or give away as gifts! I do recommend hiding a few if you want any for yourself! :)

Please share this post and my blog with your family and friends to spread some holiday cheer, and some healthy lifestyle vibes to everyone!

You can follow the blog via email, Google, Pinterest @ Hannah Plunkett, Twitter @ SpinachisGood, and on Tumblr @ justrunningforfood. Make sure you follow the blog to stay up to date on every new post!

New Post every Friday!!


Happy Holidays!
H. Banana

1 comment

  1. Yum, Yum, Yum those look good!!! :-)

    Sure had fun yesterday, Hannah! So glad we got to be here!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete