Harvest Time Stove Top Apple Butter

    Thanksgiving has come and gone. I hope you all had a wonderful day! Some people might go from Thanksgiving straight to Christmas, but my mind is still on 'Fall' mode, so that means more fall recipes! Apples are just one of the many wonderful foods that are popular during the fall months, and I love to use them as often as I can!


     I have always loved apple butter! Its delicious, full of warm flavors and also really easy to make! A lot of recipes are made for the crockpot, but not everyone has a crock pot, so I wanted to make a recipe that everyone could use! With just a few simple ingredients, you can turn delicious apples into terrific apple butter!


     We ordered 2 bushels of apples a few weeks ago, and we've been eating a lot of them, but we can possibly eat both bushels before they go bad, so I had to do something with them! I made apple butter with a few and I hope to make apple sauce and apple-pie filling soon!

Ingredients:

7-8 Large Apples, peeled and chopped into small pieces

1 cup Apple Cider

3/4 cup Sugar of Choice
 
2 tsp Cinnamon

2 tsp Allspice

Pinch of Salt

1/2 tsp Vanilla

2 TBS Lemon Juice


Once you have peeled and chopped your apples, add them to a pot on the stove along with the apple cider. Turn it on to medium/high.





Bring it to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes. Make sure to stir every few minutes to keep it from sticking and burning.

Once the 20 minutes are up, add in the sugar, spices, salt, vanilla and lemon juice.



Bring the mixture back up to a boil and then reduce the heat back to a simmer. Cook at a simmer for 30 minutes, making sure to stir often.


Turn the heat off and taste the mixture to make sure the flavors are to your liking. You might want to add more cinnamon, vanilla or allspice! Transfer to a blender or use an emulsion blender to puree the mixture to your desired texture.

 
 Once you have it blender, add it back into the pot at medium/low heat.


Cook for around 10 minutes, stirring almost constantly to keep from sticking. Then, turn the heat off and allow the mixture to cool. Transfer to an air-tight container or Ziploc back or eat it right away! You can keep it in the fridge for a week or two, or in the freezer for several months!

 
     As I was making this batch of apple butter, I was also making homemade bread! You can imagine how good our kitchen smelled! There is nothing better than homemade apple butter on fresh homemade bread!

 
 
    This apple butter is delicious on homemade bread, biscuits, muffins, oatmeal, pancakes, waffles, French toast and so much more! It can be enjoyed warm or cold and is terrific by the spoonful!


     I really hope you try this recipe out and that you like it as much as I do! Apple butter has always been a favorite of mine and I am so excited to have made some for myself and with my own recipe! If you love it too, please share this recipe with your friends and family so everyone can make homemade apple butter!

 
Please share my blog with your friends and family to spread the love of a healthy lifestyle and help others become the healthiest version of themselves!

You can follow the blog via email, Google, and social media.

Instagram- That_Vegan_Runner

Twitter- SpinachisGood

Pinterest- Hannah Plunkett

Tumblr- justrunningforfood

I post every Friday!

Stay Healthy, Happy and Laughing!

Happy Holidays!

Hannah

No comments