5 Life Changing Podcasts

     A couple of weeks ago, I suddenly found myself with a running injury! I don't know how it happened, or even if it was related to running at all, but it was there and pretty painful. Dealing with an injury was the last thing I wanted to do! I had just started some speed-training to get faster times on short distances, and here I was with an injury! Of course, its not uncommon for runners to get injuries, I just didn't think it would happen to me so early in my running career. I saw a chiropractor and he was able to help some, but I soon realized I was just going to have to give it time to heal on its own. So, since I wouldn't run, and I still wanted to get some exercise, what was I to do? Thankfully, my Dad had set up an elliptical in our garage, so I began to use that for my workouts. It wasn't the same as running, but it kept me active and it was easy on my injured leg.

     So, what is my point in telling you all this? I am telling you this because it has lead me to discover something wonderful! Something I had heard about, but never saw myself getting into. Let me explain.... When I run, I usually find a something to watch like a cooking show, documentary or something like that. But, on the elliptical, to know where I was calorie and heart-rate wise, I needed to look at my phone screen, so I couldn't watch anything. I had to listen to something. Music worked sometimes, but I wanted something that would get my mind off the workout. And that lead me to......PODCASTS!






     Podcast are basically a recording of someone talking about something. Topics range from health and wellness to comedy and cooking shows. What ever interests you, you will find at least one podcast on it! They are easy to listen to, and for me, they were perfect for workouts!
Even though I have only been listening to podcasts for a few weeks, I have already found some favorites! I want to share those with you today!



#1 The Raw Food Podcast by The Rawtarian
Don't let the name fool you or turn you away! Yes, this is a podcast about veganism and raw foodism, but thats not all. What I love so much about this podcast is how motivational, inspirational and just pleasant it is to listen to. Not only are there episodes on veganism and raw foods, there are also episodes on basic health, nutrition information, and also some recipes too! Vegan or not, Raw Foodist or not, I encourge you to check this one out! The Rawtarian .

#2 The Running Lifestyle Show
So this one might not have been the best thing to get my mind off the fact that I couldn't run, but I love it anyways! The episodes are full of helpful information, motivation for all runners, both beginner and long-time runners! There are lots of interveiws with various differnt types of people from doctors, race directors, other runners, and a few others! If you are a runner or you are thinking about running, this is a must listen to podcast! And even if you don't run, its still a great podcast to listen to for health and wellness information and inspiration! The Running Lifestyle

#3 Food for Thought
This is another vegan podcast, but that doesn't mean nonvegans won't benefit from listening to it. It is full of tips and tricks on how to live a healthier and happier life! There are episodes with interveiws, tips and tricks, traveling, and so much more! The host is also very easy to listen to, and is in no way judgemental! This podcast is all about healty living, no matter how you want to do it! Food for Thought Podcast

#4 The Good Life Project
This podcast is so uplifting and inspirational! It is all about living a better, happier and more productive life! There are episodes full of helpful tips, inspriration stories, and just plain motivaton! If you are in need of some inspritaion or motivation, look no further! Where ever you are in life, this is a podcast you don't want to be with out! The Good Life Project.

#5 The Daily Boost
This  one is alot like the Good Life Project, becasue it is all about happiness, positivity, and life boosting! They are shorter episodes, so easier for those that don't have alot of time! Each episode is full of motivation and helpful tips to make your life happier, more productive, and just over all better! Every one has 10 or 15 minutes to listen to one of these episodes, and their life will be better for it! Daily Boost Podcast

So, those are just 5 of the thousands of podcasts out there for you to discover! I hope you check out the ones I have shared, but also find your own favorite podcasts! There are so many topics to choose from! From crafts, cooking and comedy to classes on anything, there is something for everyone!

I listen to podcasts through the Podcast app on my Iphone, but most podcasts will have a website with there episodes linked there as well!

I hope you enjoyed this blog post today! If you enjoyed it or found it helpful, please share it with your friends and family!

You can follow the blog via email, Google, Twitter @ SpinachisGood, Tumblr @ justrunningonfood, and on Pinterest @ Hannah Plunket.

I post every Friday!

Stay Healthy, Happy and Laughing!

H. Banana

1 comment

  1. These sound great, Hannah. I'm going to check out a couple of them.

    Sorry about your injury... not fun. Last year when we were training for the half marathon I developed some Plantar Fasciitis and oh my word did it hurt. I was able to really wrap my foot with some sport tape and just speed walk through it; but it took about a month for it to really settle down. I was worried about the marathon; but by then I was past it and did okay. But it sure is frustrating to have an injury slow you down in your training.

    Thanks for your blog post!

    Big hugs... :-)

    ReplyDelete