Super Foods Facts Part 2

  A few days ago I posted about Super Foods and I had so much fun writing it that I decided to do another one! I love learning about food and the benefits they have for our bodies! In my last Super Foods post I went over Kale, Flax Seeds, Blueberries, Avocados, Dark Chocolate and Almonds. You can find that post HERE . So now I am going to write about a few other popular Super Foods and some that should be popular!


Bananas
Bananas are delicious and packed full of healthy benefits! They contain Potassium which is helpful for building muscles, and bananas reduce the risk of hypertension, stroke and high blood pressure. Next, Bananas are a great source of Vitamin B6 which helps in the synthesis of the immune system, protein metabolism and functioning in the nervous system. Bananas also contain Vitamin C which helps the body to defend and heal infections. Because Bananas contain 3 natural sugars along with fiber, they offer an instant and substantial boost of energy! For me, eating bananas isn't hard, but sometimes just a whole bananas is boring. I like to bake with them, make Banana Ice Cream, throw them in a smoothie or freeze them and cover them with Dark Chocolate!

Quinoa
I love quinoa! My sister and I like to make quinoa bowls for lunch! Quinoa is actually a seed and is related to the beets and spinach! It contains two times the amount of fiber than white rice. Also, quinoa has all nine essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. A cup of cooked quinoa contains 8 grams of protein, 29% of your daily magnesium needs and four times the amount of iron per serving than brown rice.  Cooking quinoa takes little time at all and you can add almost anything to it! I like to add sautéed veggies and chicken to mine. Also you can bake with quinoa!

Lemons
Lemons help maintain PH balance, are high in Vitamin C  and potassium( which helps boost the immune system!). They are high in pectin fiber which aids in weight loss, and are rich in proteins, calcium, fiber and flavonoids. Lemons hydrate the lymph system and can alleviate constipation and stress. One lemon contains around 17 calories, 2 of which come from fats.  When using lemon juice in anything, try to squeeze your own since this is so much better than the bottled form. I like to have lemon water in the morning, add lemon juice to smoothies, bake with the juice and zest and add it to meat marinades!

Wheatgrass
I know, I doesn't sound appealing does it? To be honest, I have never tried it, but I am curious to. Wheatgrass is all over the health world now! Its the best natural source of chlorophyll, it activates white blood cells to boost your immune system, helps reduce high blood pressure and alleviates stress. Wheatgrass contains beta-carotene which detoxifies your body. Also, wheatgrass is high in vitamins A, B-Complex, C, E, and K. Per serving ( about a tablespoon) Wheatgrass has about 35 calories and none are from fat. You don't eat wheatgrass in large amounts. I mostly see it added to smoothies or juices!

Well, there are a few more Super Food facts! I hope you have enjoyed learning more about you food! I know I did! Please share this post with a friend!

Keep Healthy and SAFE!
H.Banana


Pictures from FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments