Wholey Guacamole!

  If you read my previous posts( Super Food Facts) you will know how good Avocados are for you. I like to use them wherever and whenever I can! This recipe for guacamole is not only delicious, but a great healthy snack or side dish for just about any occasion!
I love guacamole a lot! Every where I have it, its made a different way. And, though its usually pretty tasty, I have my favorites. Among those is my own recipe of course! I was taught how to make guacamole a few years ago by a family friend in Houston, and I have been making it ever since. It is so easy to make, you can customize it to your own preferences, and its a great way to use up almost-too-ripe avocados!


So, let's make some guacamole!

Ingredients:
2 large, ripe Avocados
1(10 oz) can of Rotel
2 tsp Lime Juice
1tsp Minced Garlic
1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
Salt and Pepper

Start by slicing and scooping the avocados into a bowl. With the back of a fork, mash them to desired texture. I like mine a little chunky! The riper the avocados are, the easier this job is!

 
The next step is to add the spices and Lime juice. Fresh squeezed lime juice is best, so use that when you can. To make squeezing your lime easier, roll it on the counter a few times to loosen it up!
 
 
Stir this together and then add the garlic and Rotel. I like to add half the can, stir in, and then see how much of the rest of the can I want. This way I always get the perfect avocado to Rotel ratio!

 
Mix this together and you're done! Taste it to see if you need more salt and pepper or lime juice!
 
Serve with corn chips, on tacos, taco salad(one of my favorites!), on a sandwich(instead of Mayo) or however you like it!


I love this recipe so much! Its super easy to make and you can keep it in the fridge for a quick and healthy snack!

If you have enjoyed this post, please share it with a friend!

Keep Healthy and Safe!
H.Banana

Blog News!
You can now follow the blog on Twitter! Username SpinachisGood. Go give it a follow and share with your friends!
Follow me on Pinterest( username Hannah Plunkett)
Check back for more easy to make recipes, workout tips and fitness inspiration!

No comments