Daily Workouts

   Getting some exercise everyday is important to maintain a healthy body. Finding time to work in physical activity can be hard though.  I know how hard it can be to work in a workout between school, chores and just being busy ( and I'm not that busy!) But I feel so much better if I do fit it in!

Morning Workouts
 The past few days I have been getting up really early (6 a.m) and working out. This was hard to do at first but it soon became almost a habit. At first all I wanted to do was roll over and go back to sleep or have a cup of coffee (I have been getting up at 6:15 a.m for a while) but I made myself get dressed and workout. I like to do my cardio in the morning because it helps get me nice and awake and ready to go. Working out in the morning will also help to energize you for the rest of the day! Plus, you won't have to worry about fitting in a workout during your day!

'During the day' Workouts
Even though I do cardio in the morning, I try and fit in a strength training session some time during the day. The reason I don't do it all at once is because I don't have and hour- hour and a half to workout at one time. So I split it up. But, if you aren't a fan of waking up early and working out you can of course do it at once in the middle of the day. If I am going to do that I usually try and workout about a hour after lunch (You should wait at least 45 mins to a hour after eating to workout to avoid cramping) I usually do 20-30 mins of cardio and then 15-20 mins of strength training. You also can of course combine the two in to a full-body-cardio strength workout. Look around on YOUTUBE or Pinterest for inspiration!

Shaking it up a bit
When you workout every day or so your body will slowly get used to what you are putting it through. Because of this, its important to shake your workouts up and change it every week or so. A little while ago I was doing the elliptical every day on a fast, light-weight setting. This week I changed it to a slower, heavier weight setting. I also added in the weight-strength training.

Let me know what kind of workouts you do or would like to have time to do!

Keep it healthy and SAFE!
H.Banana

No comments