Vegan Chocolate Cookies


Chocolate chip cookies are by far one of the best and easiest desserts or sweet treats to make in a pinch! Beloved by all, these sweet treats are vegan, dairy free and egg free!


Happy New Year! This is my first post for 2018 and it feels good to be getting back to blogging after the holidays!

Here is what's new:
- I have signed up for my 2nd marathon in April!
- This is my final semester before graduating High School!
- I'm planning a super fun summer trip, so be looking forward to my pictures and posts from that!




Okay, so enough about me... lets get to the real reason you're reading this post! Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!! And not just any cookies, vegan cookies are by far the best.... for the simple reason of you can eat the cookie dough and not feel bad about it!


Believe me, it was a struggle not to eat this entire bowl of delicious dough before I baked it! But, if the dough is what you're going for, by all means....eat the whole bowl!





Ingredients:

1/2 cup melted Coconut Oil

1 cup Sugar ( I used brown sugar but white or coconut sugar will work fine too)

1 tsp Vanilla Extract

1/2 cup Almond Milk

1 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour

1 tsp Baking Powder

1/4 tsp Salt

1/2 cup Dairy Free Chocolate Chips


Method:

Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with oil or parchment paper.

Melt coconut oil and mix with sugar and vanilla. Add in Almond Milk and stir to combine.

Fold in the flour, salt and baking power. Once combined, fold in choc chips.

Roll dough into 1-inch balls and flatten slightly with your hands. Place them on the baking sheet 1-inch apart to allow for spreading.

Baking for 8-10 minutes or until just set on the edges. Allow to cool on the pan for 3-4 minutes before removing and placing on a while rack.

Enjoy with a glass of almond milk or cup of coffee!



I made these cookies one weekend to have as a sweet treat! I loved how easy they were to make and how delicious they ended up being!

These cookies could easily become oatmeal raisin, cranberry, cowboy, snickerdoodle cookies if some ingredients were added or swapped out. Play around with the recipe and see what you can come up with!

 
I hope you have enjoyed this post and I really hope you try this recipe out!
Please share this post and my blog with your family and friends to spread the love of delicious vegan food and living a healthy lifestyle!
 
You can follow the blog via email, Google and social media! I post quite a bit on social media, so follow the blog to see what I get up to!
 
Instagram- That_Vegan_Runner
 
Pinterest- Hannah Plunkett/ SpinachisGood
 
Twitter- SpinachisGood
 
Tumblr- justrunningforfood
 
I hope your New Year is going splendidly!
 
Stay happy, Hannah

No comments