Amazing Apple Chips

    Apples are great for so many fall inspired recipes, crafts, and snacks! We ordered two boxes of apples a few weeks ago, and ever since I've been eating apples everyday! We've made apple crisp, cobblers, pancake toppings, and baked apples and they've all been delicious! But, most of those things aren't super healthy, so I wanted to try out a healthy recipe and use some of our apples!


    We have made apple chips in a dehydrator before, but not everyone has a dehydrator, and I wanted to make this recipe easy for everyone! These are super easy, super delicious, and such a perfect snack for just about anytime! We ate them all in about a day and a half, they were that good! 

     What I love about this recipe is how healthy and delicious it is! The chips are still so sweet and apple-y even though you don't add any sugar! Also, this recipe is vegetarian, vegan, and oil free,  so what is not to love about them?

Ingredients:
4 Large Apples
Lemon Juice
Cinnamon ( or any other seasonings you like!)

Preheat you oven to 200 F. Wash and dry your apples.


Using a sharp knife, mandolin slicer, or food processor, slice you apples as thinly as  you can. Be careful if using a knife or mandolin, you don't want to lose any fingers! :)


Then use a small knife, or little cookie cutter to cut out the center part with the seeds. I used some cute fall themed cookie cutters, and I love how they turned out!

 
Aren't they just adorable? I love the different shapes from the cookie cutters!
 
 
    Next, add your apple slices to a bowl and splash on them lemon juice. Make sure to coat each slice. This keeps them fresh-tasting and helps them not turn brown. Then lay the slices on a baking sheets lined with parchment paper or tin-foil. Make sure none of the slices are touching, because they will stick together after baking.  Sprinkle with cinnamon to desired flavor!


     I honestly would be happy eating just this, but lets continue and make these apple slices into apple chips! Place the pans in the oven for 1 hour. Then carefully flip each slice over and bake for another hour. Depending on how thin your slices were, you might need some extra time. I baked mine for a total of 2 hours and 35 minutes, and some of my slices were fairly thick.


   The house smelled so good while these were baking! Let them cool a bit. They will crisp up a bit as they cool too! Place them in an air tight container, if you don't eat them all first! :)


     These are so good! I will be making these again very soon, and I want to experiment with the seasonings a little bit! I am thinking nutmeg, ginger, or even go savory with curry powder or paprika!

     Fall is such a great time to make recipes using apples, and I really hope you try this one out! Apples are such a beautiful fall fruit, and I want to use them as much as possible right now! These apple chips are a perfect healthy snack for on the go, or whenever you want to reach for those oily potato chips!

     I really hope you give this recipe a try, and share it with your friends and family! Please share my blog with your friends and family to spread the love of a healthy lifestyle!

Stay up-to-date on the blog by following via email, Google, Twitter @SpinachisGood, Tumblr @ justrunningforfood, and on Pinterest @ Hannah Plunkett.

New post every Friday!

Keep Healthy and Safe!
H. Banana

No comments