Homemade 'Mamma Chia' Drink for Mother's Day

Mother's Day is coming up, and we all want to find a way to show our moms how special they are! My mom recently bought a Mamma Chia drink at Whole Foods and she loved it! Unfortunately, these drinks can be expensive so they aren't something she can enjoy every day. So, I did some research and came up with my own spin on these drinks! Now she can have a homemade version of Mamma Chia's drinks whenever she wants!

When I first heard about these drinks, I was a little skeptical. How could mixing chia seeds and fruit juice be that amazing? Boy , was I wrong! These drinks are like drinking jello (Sounds weird, but believe me, you won't be able to get enough after the first sip!) and the flavor combos are endless!

So, lets get into making these delicious drinks!

First you need to make the chia mixture.

3 TBS. Chia Seeds
1 Cup Water

Add the seeds to a bowl and slowly add the water, bit by bit. Make sure to stir well after each addition.
You'll end up with a gloopy consistency.
 
You need to over this with plastic wrap and let it sit in the fridge for 6-8 hours or over night.
 
Now, lets make the flavoring for the drink. I decided to make a lemon and mint one! Its a perfect drink for cooling off on warm days!
 
Ingredients:
1 cup Lemon Juice
3 TBS. Honey
1 Tbs Fresh Chopped Mint
 
 
Warm the lemon juice and honey together to make it easier to combine the two together.
Then, add the chopped mint and shake. I made mine in a mason jar to make this easier!
 
Let this sit in the fridge for a good hour, or even two! Then, take the set chia seed mix and the lemon mix out of the fridge. Strain the mint leaves out of the lemon juice and pour in 1 cup Cold Water. Then add the chia seed mix and shake. The color won't be too great, but the smell is so inviting!
This was so good! I love the sourness of the lemon and the freshness of the mint together! I know the color isn't to appealing but once you taste this, the color won't matter! Once I made this, I was sipping it all day long!

You, of course, can add any fruit juice blend to the chia seeds to make tons of flavors!

 I also did a batch with pomegranate juice and it was delicious as well! All I did was, make the chia mixture and let it set. Then I poured it into a container along with about 2 cups of pomegranate juice and shook well.


This one's color was beautiful! The flavor was nice as well!

Experiment with the flavor combos and let me know which ones you like! Don't hesitate to make this delicious, hydrating, summer drink! Make it for Mother's Day, and give your Mamma some Homemade 'Mamma Chia' to make her feel as special as she is!

Let me know what you think! Share this post with a friend and follow the blog to stay up to date on all my healthy lifestyle post! Also, follow the blog on Twitter @ Spinachisgood and on Pinterest @ Hannah Plunkett.

Keep Healthy and Safe, and Happy Mother's Day!
H. Banana

No comments