Cabin in the Woods

     Recently,  my family and I spent a few days in a quite cabin in the woods! It was such a relaxing and wonderful time, that I can't help but share it with you!


     The cabin we stayed in was a Laurel Fork cabin. We have stayed in their cabins before, and we have always enjoyed our time there! Each cabin is different, but they all offer the same level of comfort! They have full kitchens, with basic appliances and equipment and sometimes even a few choices of seasonings. Most cabins have hot tubs on their porches, which my family and I always enjoy! There are also (usually) lots of blankets and pillows, which is perfect for the winter time!


     For this stay, we stayed 4 nights and 3 full days. The weather was fairly warm, but not unbearable, and we had several rain storms, which we were all very happy for!

The first night, we got there in the afternoon. We just spent the rest of the day relaxing and reading our books. We ate our supper and then had a lovely apple pie for dessert!

     On the first day, we slept in and then got up and had bagels for breakfast and had a lovely Bible study on the back porch. Then, we packed a picnic lunch and headed to a near by river, to spend the day playing in the water and skipping rocks!

The water was actually surprisingly warm, which made is more pleasant to swim in! My brothers and Dad went full fledged swimming, and the rest of us just waded up to our knees. We were thankful that we had worn water-proof shoes, because the rocks were rather slippery!


After our picnic lunch, we headed back to the cabin to give my little brother a nap. My mom and I read our books on the front porch while it rained! It was super relaxing and peaceful! We stayed in the cabin the rest of the day and had a lovely supper on the back porch!

The second day, my Dad had some work to do, so we stuck around the cabin for the day. Once again, we slept in, and then got up and had pancakes for our breakfast/brunch.


Then, I went on a nice and long trail-run! It decided to rain while I was running and I got thoroughly soaked! I didn't mind though, since it was pretty warm out! I also ran into a friendly black bear! We acknowledged each other and then went our separate ways, which was probably for the best! :) After I had showered, we all watched the Olympic Games together for the rest of the afternoon.

 
Another rain storm came through, so Mom and I took our books to the front porch again! There were several rocking chairs and a swing to choose from! We took some blankets and pillows out there to make the chairs more comfy!
That afternoon, we headed into the nearest town( Jamestown) to the Walmart and grabbed a few things like paper towel, toilet paper, and some s'mores ingredients. It was around 15 minutes each way.
 
 
Supper that night was pasta, salad and some French bread! Then, my family made s'mores and we watched some more of the Olympic Games!
 
On the third day, we slept in again before getting up and having our coffee on the front porch. Then, we took a short walk before breakfast! After breakfast, we headed to Pickett State Park for some hiking!
 
 
We found a great trail that was both more challenging than a walk, but easy enough for my little brother to manage! The hike lead us to an amazing cave! We all thought it was pretty cool!



After our hike, we headed back to the cabin for a late lunch and then spent the rest of the day lounging around and relaxing! I finished the book that I had brought with me, and Mom finished a crochet project she had been working on!
Supper that night was mini pizzas and a cantaloupe! Then we finished out the day relaxing and a few of us got in the hot tub!


On the fourth day, we had to pack up our things and leave! :( After our breakfast, we packed up our suit cases and then washed the towels and sheets in the cabin's washer and dryer! We loaded the car and then said good-bye to our cabin in the woods!

 
We all enjoyed our time in the cabin so much, and I hope you have enjoyed what I have shared with you! If you ever travel to the Jamestown area, I hope you check out the Laurel Fork cabins and discover how great they are for yourself!
 
If you enjoyed this post and the other posts on my blog, please share it with your friends and family!
 
I post every Friday!
 
You can follow the blog via email, Google, Twitter @ SpinachisGood, Tumblr @ justrunningforfood, and on Instagram @ That_Vegan_Runner.
 
Stay Healthy, Happy and Laughing!
H. Banana

No comments